I have a problem with my Peavey amp. When I plug in it's fine for a few minutes (15-30) and then it goes silent. But it only goes silent on the volume or gain that it's set on (and any volume lower.) It you turn it up a bit it plays fine, and either goes back to normal or cuts out again.

Does anyone know what hell is going on?
Bump - I won't do this again. It's just really important to me.

I've ruled out both the cord and the guitar. Does anyone know what might be happening here?
That sounds extremely wierd.

Is that a solid state amp? If so, that might be hard to fix.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Yes it is a solid state. I'm going to clean the connections with contact cleaner tomorrow. Do you have any ideas on what it might be?

Also if I turn it on without a cord in it, the amp is EXTREMELY staticy on high gain.
Last edited by yearzero at Jun 27, 2010,
Amps get very 'staticy' on high gain setting anyway, unless you think it's seriously overly so, it's probably just normal.

As far as that cutting out thing goes, try cleaning the connections yeah, also try cleaning the pots.

If not, it could be something that's nearly impossible to fix with a SS amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.