I'm thinking to buy a guitar, there's a guy who sells a mexican standard strat for 350 euro. It has texas special pickups and sperzel hardware. Now i never really considered a strat until now and i don't know much about them, so tell me, is it worth it? The guitar is in mint conditions. Thank You!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA120 Air Norton+Tone Zone
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal---->Behringer TU300
Ernie Ball 6185 Wah Pedal
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vox Bulldog Distortion
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
Peavey Valveking 112 with Celestion G12T-75
what kind of music do you play?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Progressive rock mostly
MY GEAR
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vox Bulldog Distortion
As long as none of its really heavy, a normal strat can be great for anything you play. I see you have a bad monkey, i do too, overdrive with a strat is one of the best sounds ever. Also, strats give what is in my opinion the best clean tone of any guitar. And the texas special pickups are excellent. I'd go for it man.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
overdrive with a strat is one of the best sounds ever. Also, strats give what is in my opinion the best clean tone of any guitar.

True dat. The clean tone (and variety of said tones) is 90% of the reason I got one, I was just so amazed by it (neck+middle setting ftw btw omg bbq) when I tried one out in a shop.

Check some video demos on youtube if you're unsure about the sounds you can get from one.
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 23, 2010,
Definitely go for it
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
i have an american strat with special texas pickups
its the most amazing thing i own
not sure about one from mexico, but im sure you wont tell the difference
Quote by salgala2000
Ok well here's my prog guitarist breakdown.
Alex lifeson-Les Paul
David Gilmour-Strat
John Petrucci- Musicman (closer to les paul)

gilmour isnt progressive
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
gilmour isnt progressive

?

You've got Pink Floyd in your 'favourite bands', surely you'd know they're one of the biggest prog-rock groups there are.
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 23, 2010,
I was worried about the standard because i heard that the construction quality of this model is kinda bad, so it would be useless having nice hardware and pickups but crappy woods... are classic models better than standards?
MY GEAR
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vox Bulldog Distortion
Quote by pete-c
?

You've got Pink Floyd in your 'favourite bands', surely you'd know they're one of the biggest prog-rock groups there are.

i dont see them as progressive
maybe they are
idk what pink floyd is
theyre just amazing
I have a Standard Telecaster and it's a great guitar, pretty good construction. Only flaws was one of the control plate screw holes was stripped but it was an easy fix (Toothpicks and glue). Try before you buy, just demo the guitar and if it's not up to snuff for you then leave it.

I don't think you have to worry too much about the woods, my Telecaster is a 3 piece Adler body. That's pretty good for the price.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Jun 23, 2010,