Hey Guys, been awhile since i've posted in GG&A.

I was just wondering two things about pedal assembly kits:

1) Is it hard to do? Like would it be possible for me to do if i developed some basic soldering skills.

2) Are there any good sites in the UK that sell good quality, assembly kits?

Cheers.
When i built my pedal board it was pretty easy without a kit.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
I guess it really depends on the type of pedal you are making! i bought a Fuzzface kit from 'General Guitar Gadgets' and it was pretty easy to make, and i hadn't soldered before! Saying that i did burn off a bit of hair...

The easiest kits to start with are channel switchers (but they are boring haha) boosts and fuzzes.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/

They are pretty easy to follow, and have really good diagrams!
I bought from there, but i did have to pay postage and import taxes. I recently also swapped the original transistors from the fuzz kit for a thicker sound!
I'm guessing Delay Pedals are quite high on the difficulty scale?

I might make a Fuzz Pedal if i can get a relitively cheap for really just for the sake of it xD
Quote by Zakk_Lp
I'm guessing Delay Pedals are quite high on the difficulty scale?

I might make a Fuzz Pedal if i can get a relitively cheap for really just for the sake of it xD

yehhh, id guess delay is a difficult one! although GGG has a digital delay (with an apparently analogue sound) that might be quite cool!

But yeh, a fuzz face is a great one to try to get used to pedal making, try that site the other guy suggested, it appears to be European, so it shouldnt suffer import tax, i think... And i you aren't so keen on the sound, id suggest different transistors, like i did in mine! The GGG comes wit a special plug to put in place of the trasistors on the board so you can remove and swap transistors at will to experiment sounds!
Last edited by jaybals at Jun 23, 2010,