I will take the tear from your cheek and I will taste it,
I will count the chimes of the clock and I will wait,
I will stay in silence, not in sleep - I will fake it,
Filled with thoughts not even God could translate...

Oh how I'm so much less than the sum of my parts,
How I always stress it's never money over art,
Then at every choice, I can't use my voice.
Repeating "Yes" to the Queen of Hearts.

-------------

I can never motivate myself to finish whenever I start writing, I get to a point and don't know where to go...

I always just take a simple premise as inspiration, should a plan help more, like what I should discuss in each verse and stick rigidly to it?

Any tips?

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
Buy a HUGE bag of Ms. Fields cookies/weed/ Whatever floats your boat, then tell yourself you can only have it once you're done.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
The best thing I could tell you is to go back to the initial concept that you're trying to portray. If you feel you've already summed it up with what you started out with, consider using what you already have as the base idea and then work outward from there. Try to think of other ways you can explain what you're trying to get out or create a general story. That's the best I could tell you. I hope it helps.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Bidinski
I will take the tear from your cheek and I will taste it
I will count the chimes of the clock and I will wait,
I will stay in silence, not in sleep - I will fake it,
Filled with thoughts not even God could translate...

Nothing wrong with the first verse, but i feel that the line with "god" is a bit off for some reason... can't place my finger on it...

Oh how I'm so much less than the sum of my parts,
How I always stress it's never money over art,
Then at every choice, I can't use my voice.
Repeating "Yes" to the Queen of Hearts.

I like this. Even though "sum of my parts" is a bit cliched, the last 3 lines more than make up for it in sheer interest. Especially like the "queen of hearts" reference.

-------------

Regarding that last bit, go ahead and leave snippets of songs all over the place. Once the mood strikes you, just continue on writing.

Forcing yourself to write (or finish) a song almost always ends in shoddy work...

Keep writing!
Yamaha ERG 121
Yamaha F370TBS
Yamaha GA-10

NOOB KIT FTW

-------------------------

Lyrical Insanity:

Chasing Shadows