Hey guys.

There are times in my bands set where i need the craziest, noisest sound i can possibly get. I figured i could get something really crazy by say runing an overdrive, fuzz and what ever else pedals i have all at once to just have a crazy, feedbacking wall of noise.

However my one concern was could saying runing a overdrive and fuzz pedals set with aload of gain and then a tonne of modulation effects into a already very overdriven amp be bad for it?

Cheers
It would probably be easier to just get one pedal that can just go batshit into your overdrive channel. A Fuzz Factory can oscillate in some ungodly ugly ways, and you can ever get Manson Guitars to sell you a Fuzz Factory kit that installs in your guitar so you can go batshit without missing a beat.
It would'nt blow but if you're worried, just set the master volume on your amp a bit lower, then you're allowing yourself some headroom just INCASE it does go louder than intended and it wont damage the amp
It mightn't blow it but prolonged levels of feedback will not be good for it. I'd wait for an informed opinion before trying it (again).
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
If you have 10 fastest sprinters in the world tied with a rope, will they together run 10 times faster? In your case, the output level of the last pedal will determine how hard is the amp being driven, and the signal might be clipped by the previous ones in the chain already.

[edit] Volume levels don't magically increase with each pedal. Each one is probably is 9 or 18V and can only output so much, regardless of what level it is fed.
Last edited by KingStill at Jun 23, 2010,
Well .... sort of no. The amp can handle X amount of output. Let's say that if you cranked the gain, you could put the master volume at 3 o'clock before you're in danger of blowing the amp. That means that regardless of the pedals you use, you're fine as long as you keep the amp below that output. So if you use three boost/drive pedals to raise the output past that point, even if the amp actually is at 12 o'clock, you're in danger of blowing your amp or, more likely, your speakers.
No, I wouldn't worry about it.
The signal your sending to the amp is actually really weak, even with the volume increases. The amp then takes the signal and massively boosts it to drive the speakers.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Alright thanks, i just didn't want to overload the preamp or tubes or anything
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Alright thanks, i just didn't want to overload the preamp or tubes or anything

You pretty much won't, aside from the aforementioned feedback. And if your speakers are rated for a lot more than your amp puts out (which they should be anyway), then you're unlikely to blow them either.

Again, adding pedals makes it POSSIBLE to blow something, but not LIKELY.
Quote by KingStill
If you have 10 fastest sprinters in the world tied with a rope, will they together run 10 times faster? In your case, the output level of the last pedal will determine how hard is the amp being driven, and the signal might be clipped by the previous ones in the chain already.

[edit] Volume levels don't magically increase with each pedal. Each one is probably is 9 or 18V and can only output so much, regardless of what level it is fed.

+1 million to this.

you're going to clip the last pedal. That's all. The last pedal in the chain won't put out anymore then it could otherwise. Doesn't matter if you have 1 or 2000 pedals before it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer