Does anyone have any experience with this amp?
Found some clips on youtube and I'm liking what I'm hearing atm, seems to be quite versatile and found a good used deal.
From my experience, the only good ENGLs are the Invader, Fireball, Savage and Blackmore. Your mileage may vary.
it's a nice amp, but it's kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none kind of amp. and can also be a bit bright. It's also one of the cheaper engls, it's still a good amp, but the more expensive ones (like arterial listed) are better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fireball or Blackmore is better imo.
Nevertheless, it's still a pretty solid amp.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
good amp but if ENGL is what you want go for a Savage or a Blackmore, the Fireball isn't as versatile as the others that have been listed
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
It's a solid little amp, and if you've got a line on a good deal it'll probably be pretty tough to beat.
Quote by shredftw
good amp but if ENGL is what you want go for a Savage or a Blackmore, the Fireball isn't as versatile as the others that have been listed

True.
It's an awesome amp though
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by shredftw

Really? I'd say its more versatile, just not as good at any specific genre as the others are.
I really like mine.

Its not an outright br00tz metal amp, but still has tonnes of gain on tap enough for most metal. Cleans are really nice too.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
the new fireball II sounds more versitile than the old one. however, the blackmore, savage or powerball will probably still run circles around it for non metal styles.
yeah, in my limited experience, the fireball was either br00tz or clean
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Really? I'd say its more versatile, just not as good at any specific genre as the others are.

The new Fireball 100 is pretty versatile (though waaaayyyy too compressed on the drive channel), the older one can hit a range of tones but the gain control's so crap it's basically impossible to set it up properly.
that's the 60 watt Version 1 fireball i'm talking about, just for clarification
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my 100 is not compressed at all! wtf? the smoothest amp i ever had, sounds great with greenbacks
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by TheQuailman
The new Fireball 100 is pretty versatile (though waaaayyyy too compressed on the drive channel), the older one can hit a range of tones but the gain control's so crap it's basically impossible to set it up properly.

think my tone is out? dont think so the 100 rules
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh_ReFvlLAo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGrFUu2JJs
tone slut

jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Last edited by ksmc at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by ksmc
my 100 is not compressed at all! wtf? the smoothest amp i ever had, sounds great with greenbacks

agreed. it will only be compressed if you use too much gain (which can be easy to do with a fireball/powerball)
Quote by ksmc

Don't wet your panties and get all defensive, I never said it was a bad amp.

It's a good amp, it sounds nice. It's just very compressed. That's cool when playing heavy rock and metal, but anything lower gain is difficult. I like to have some control over my distortion with my pick attack and the Fireball doesn't give me much of a possibility there.

EDIT: And "smooth" and "compressed" aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't related in any fashion.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 26, 2010,
if anything smooth and compressed are normally related EDIT: not to argue with you, quail, I mean in reply to his post that the amp wasn't compressed, because it was smooth.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know Dave, a fuzz pedal can be pretty compressed without being smooth at all.

EDIT: But yeah, if we're talking about a metal-lead tone, it's usually smooth and compressed.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 26, 2010,
yeah i was talking more about amps.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
maybe a marshall jvm? i had one, maybe thats what your looking for>? but it get compressed at high volume. I always change out most of the preamp tubes for more smoother gain.
tone slut

jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio