I was checking out ESP guitars site and I came across the Eclipse II with a bigsby and it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I recently bought an EC-1000 in Vintage Black and I was wondering how the Bigsbys work and if i would be able to put one on that guitar?...any help is greatly appreciated..

Also, seeing as how they're old school type trem arms I assume they're only push down?

Thanks
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Sh*t, i just noticed this should be in guitar building and customizing...if you're a mod and u would be able to redirect this forum, that would be greatly appreciated..
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
You could put one on your guitar, but you'd have to drill it unless you spend quite a bit on a zzworks plate.
It's not for bending notes all over the place. It has a very small range and is really only useful for adding vibrato. It sounds awesome since it travels both up and down and has a very vocal and natural vibrato effect, but you're not going to be able to divebomb or anything with it. They're also tough to string.

If you like the effect, it's awesome. If you're expecting a strat-style trem, or honestly any kind of trem that you've played before, you're not going to get what you're looking for. I would definitely try to play a bigsby at a guitar shop before you put one on your guitar. It's one of those love it or hate it things.

Here's what a bigsby sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNzgB6vQsZ0&feature=fvst