Don't search it
43 21%
Unsure
13 6%
Carrots
68 33%
Voters: 206.
Page 1 of 2
So more human remains have been found in and around Ground Zero, some 9 years after the original attacks.

it seems that in this case, some of the body parts are large and can be identified to specific victims of the attack. Medical examiners are taking a look at some of them.

Now I remember a while ago there was some campaign to have the site researched for bodies and remains, but that was shelved on reasons of cost and time.

So, should the site now be re-searched or not?

EDIT:

Source article: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/832499-remains-of-72-found-at-9-11-site
Last edited by Fassa Albrecht at Jun 23, 2010,
What for? If someone has been missing for 9 years, they're dead. Finding the body servers what purpose exactly?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
nah
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Leave the bodies there, and build that mosque they've been talking about. Leave them with... a haunted mosque!!!
The ultimate revenge... mwahahahaha!!!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
It might be nice to have full confirmation that the person definitely died in the incident, and that you can now put their memory to rest (since some people, despite the evidence that the person has been missing for years, would still have some hope they'll return).

Then again, it could just bring up the pain of their loss.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
There's probably some legal issues if they DON'T search the site- if the site DOES contain human remains, it is legally a grave site.
Quote by damian_91
What for? If someone has been missing for 9 years, they're dead. Finding the body servers what purpose exactly?

For the families
Dunno, cobber. Well personally, I say don't search it. It's in the past, aye? It's a sensitive issue for many and shit, mate. But then if I lost family members in it and their bodies haven't been found yet, I'd probably want 'em to have a squiz at the remains to see if one of 'em were one of me family or mates, ya get what I'm sayin', aye?
Dunno though, really because I'm not in that position so what I'd hypothetically say/feel might actually be different to what I'd say/feel if I was in that position, aye? Ya understand me, fellas?
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by damian_91

Closure for the family.

I don't think they should search much anymore. This was likely an isolated incident. I doubt they would find much if they did search.
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
There's probably some legal issues if they DON'T search the site- if the site DOES contain human remains, it is legally a grave site.

Property in lower Manhattan costs to much for legal proprieties.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by newbie08
Dunno, cobber. Well personally, I say don't search it. It's in the past, aye? It's a sensitive issue for many and shit, mate. But then if I lost family members in it and their bodies haven't been found yet, I'd probably want 'em to have a squiz at the remains to see if one of 'em were one of me family or mates, ya get what I'm sayin', aye?
Dunno though, really because I'm not in that position so what I'd hypothetically say/feel might actually be different to what I'd say/feel if I was in that position, aye? Ya understand me, fellas?

****ing win

I don't care what he said, it sounded hilarious in my head.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by newbie08

i love this guy.

on topic, yeah, they should just leave it alone. there's people buried in the foundations of the bay bridge in san francisco. it happened, there's human remains there, let's just move on.
Go Veg.
They're dead. Identifying whose rib cage or femur they found won't change the fact. Plus think of this...a kid and family has ben without thier loved one for 9 years. Do you really think seeing their decomposed remains will help?

I vote no. Let them rest in peace. Honor thier deaths by keeping the monument and never forgetting the day Terrorists thought they could screw with the states and get away with it.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
They're dead. Identifying whose rib cage or femur they found won't change the fact. Plus think of this...a kid and family has ben without thier loved one for 9 years. Do you really think seeing their decomposed remains will help?

I vote no. Let them rest in peace. Honor thier deaths by keeping the monument and never forgetting the day Terrorists thought they could screw with the states and get away with it.

I'm pretty sure they got away with it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Fassa that emoticon looks entirely different whenever you use it.
Que?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by In The Mist
Fassa that emoticon looks entirely different whenever you use it.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Huh?

I don't get it either.
Is it dirty?
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Quote by newbie08

I can't even say anything now. You are the best thing to happen to this forum in a long, long time.
These families deserve as much closure as possible in this matter
I find this disturbing in the fact that I thought they did a thorough job in the first place

More needs to be done.
end of story
Those were once ppl like you and I who DID NOT deserve the fate that be-felled them, the least we could do is collect all their remains and give them a proper burial
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by HailSlaytan
I don't get it either.
Is it dirty?

Don't tell me you haven't noticed that Fassa's overuse of that emoticon has caused it to take an entirely different meaning to the point of almost looking different whenever she uses it.
Last edited by In The Mist at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by rgrockr
Leave the bodies there, and build that mosque they've been talking about. Leave them with... a haunted mosque!!!
The ultimate revenge... mwahahahaha!!!

If this made sense out of context I'd totally sig it
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I can't even say anything now. You are the best thing to happen to this forum in a long, long time.
I know right?

That was fucking awesome
This is new to me.. Is there just a gigantic pile of rubble still sitting in the middle of New York?
Quote by Bearded_Seth
This is new to me.. Is there just a gigantic pile of rubble still sitting in the middle of New York?

Pretty much.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Bearded_Seth

Yeah, I seen it.
Quote by damian_91

My mom's been missing for 3 months. We're pretty sure she's dead but we can't have a funeral without the body because the church she went to wont let us. IMO, that was pretty douchebaggy what you said. There also are a LOT of people who went missing during the attack who weren't in the buildings. I mean A LOT. Over 100 I think. A lot of kids. How do you know that its not one of THEIR bodies?

EDIT:
Quote by Phoenix Reborn

Its closure. People like you two really irritate me. How do the families know for sure they weren't just taking a walk when it happened? And got lost/trampled/something in the commotion?
And at this point its just bone fragments, like a chicken bone and they won't have family member come in and look at the bones and go "Yep, that's daddy's femur! I'd know it anywhere". they do DNA sample testing.
And yes, people DO get lost for YEARS.
Last edited by Kino Chan at Jun 24, 2010,
Anyone who's been missing for that long was almost definitely killed but I still think it would be better if they properly searched the area for more remains if just for the families sakes.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
I think tax payers money could be put to much better use than looking for a few limbs.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Page 1 of 2