Not his solo stuff, stuff with RHCP. Any tips for tone, playing techniques, exercises? Any help appreciated.
Sending a dummy to my God.

first try playing some of his stuff and you might get it but i learned some solos and they r pretty easy
Lots and lots of heroin.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
as for the tone. keep it clean- only about 2 for gain. lots of volume, and i use a compresser to add a bit of sustain and attack to help those mutes sound properly
I believe that in every single thread about John Frusciante there is an obligatory post about heroin...
To learn any guitarists style, you have to learn their music.

Really learn it though. Make sure you are up on your theory and you know the neck, i.e. what each note is, especially what degrees he's emphasizing relative to the scale.

As for his phrasing, you'll subconsciously learn that if you learn enough of his music well.

The more you know your theory, the more you will be able to see what he is doing so you can do it yourself.
reverse delay. twang. and play notes in the chord then part of the chord if u no what i mean
Last edited by MitchellAJones at Jul 16, 2010,
Learn Little Wing by Hendrix...and then become a Frusciante disciple. And practice some of the chords of his you see in Guitar Pro or whatever.
American Strat
Peavey Vypyr 75w
Like others have said Frusciante was a big Hendrix fan.

My tip for playing Frusciante would be to learn lots of his songs and also grow massive thumb to master the Hendrix technique.
Quote by STONESHAKER
To learn any guitarists style, you have to learn their music.

Really learn it though. Make sure you are up on your theory and you know the neck, i.e. what each note is, especially what degrees he's emphasizing relative to the scale.

As for his phrasing, you'll subconsciously learn that if you learn enough of his music well.

The more you know your theory, the more you will be able to see what he is doing so you can do it yourself.

Knowing theory is great and all, but you forgot one really important thing to learning someone's style:
Go back and look at their influences to understand where they're coming from.

As others have said, if you do this you'll definitely come across all that Hendrix stuff he does.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.