yeah i was wondering. I look up tabs and I see alot of Guitar Pro ones. Ive heard of it before, what exactly does it do?
Lol... it's a software that allows you to see tabs, but as it can use musical notation, and has the instrument voices, you can actually listen the tab, change the instruments, create music, etc, etc, etc...
And yeah, it helps a damn lot, as you can slow down the tab, and hear if it's right or not
guitar pro is priceless
its basically a version of tabs that are like the song except in midi format thingy so stuff like phrasing is easy to understand,you can transcribe songs to different tunings and it can be accompanied by bass and drums ect i'm sure you can download a trail version online somewhere or try tux guitar its free never tried it tho..
Yeah, it's not that hard. Go to this website, search for tabs, and then download them they're like 20 kb. And they're all free.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
so you can make your own riffs, and edit tabs for songs?! I like this, i got the trial version. its downloading now.
Tuxguitar is basically the same thing from what I hear (its what I use, I've never used guitarpro and I downloaded a trial on this computer a long time ago so I can't try it) but its free so get that imo.
Quote by metalheadblues
guitar pro is priceless

Actually it's about $60.

But seriously, great software. Even if you don't write anything on it, you can have it loop a difficult section slowly, and speed up each time until you can play it perfectly. Every musician should have it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Actually it's about $60.

But seriously, great software. Even if you don't write anything on it, you can have it loop a difficult section slowly, and speed up each time until you can play it perfectly. Every musician should have it.

i don't mean literally i mean to me as a guitarist lol
torrents ftw btw
Guitar pro is "priceless" as you put it!

http://chainsawguitartuition.net/blog/review-guitar-pro/ (my review of guitar pro)

It's seriously the only peice of software I've found that does everything that it can do. I've used powertab before (a similar, free program) and that's OK...but it's almost entirely tab oriented, and doesn't allow you to work with drums and musical notation in the same way Guitar Pro does.

You can even create lead sheets with it (as in melody with chords). Definitely worth the price tag. It has all the features you need and don't get with the free programs.

...plus so many tab files on the internet are in Guitar Pro format now

Sorry, that kinda sounds like an ad, it's not trying to be. I just really like Guitar Pro.
Quote by Joshua1207
Tuxguitar is basically the same thing from what I hear (its what I use, I've never used guitarpro and I downloaded a trial on this computer a long time ago so I can't try it) but its free so get that imo.

I've tried both. Whilst Guitar Pro is actually better, it seems to have more bugs and many times you'll download a song and have to change all the instruments as they wont sound because you dont have the exact RSE- each of which is a pretty big download.

Tuxguitar, although not as good in sound quality, is still good and has most of the features in GP. This includes the ability to loop certain bars and play at different tempo's (tuxguitar actually gives a better range of available speeds). Plus, as it's freeware, you dont have to worry about torrenting every times theres an update.

Plus, tuxguitar also has full scale and chord lists, with the ability to add your own, whereas guitar pro only has set scales, and no chords as far as im aware.

tldr: I really would recomend using tuxguitar instead
Quote by l3vity
I've tried both. Whilst Guitar Pro is actually better, it seems to have more bugs and many times you'll download a song and have to change all the instruments as they wont sound because you dont have the exact RSE- each of which is a pretty big download.

Tuxguitar, although not as good in sound quality, is still good and has most of the features in GP. This includes the ability to loop certain bars and play at different tempo's (tuxguitar actually gives a better range of available speeds). Plus, as it's freeware, you dont have to worry about torrenting every times theres an update.

Plus, tuxguitar also has full scale and chord lists, with the ability to add your own, whereas guitar pro only has set scales, and no chords as far as im aware.

tldr: I really would recomend using tuxguitar instead

Well, yeh, but all of those things relate to playback. I have to admit that the sounds on guitar pro really aren't needed (esp. not ones that good).

Tuxguitar is not a teacher- so it can't show you how to play a song (no matter how good the playback is). As for slowing things down, you're better off with a metronome.

Guitar Pro is a very good notation/tab program. I think that's more useful in itself as there's nothing that does what it does for free (as far as I've found anyway).

If you want something to show you how to play songs and break them down for you, get a teacher- seriously!

...and forget not having to "worry about torrenting every time there's an update"...think about this: STEALING IS WRONG!