I want to get a new guitar for my birthday, but my parents said no more than 300$. So i know that means I cant get a really great guitar, but a 300$ guitar has to be better than my Ibanez Gio I have now right?
Anyway, can anyone recommend me any Ibanez guitars or any guitars in general really, that are good and 300$ or under?

Thanks for the help!
Hmm it's going to be hard to not buy a Gio if you have a restrict budget, such as 300 $. :S unless you get a used one.
I dont want another Gio. I heard that Gio's are bad. Is that true? The one on craigslist is not a Gio, is it better quality than the Gio's?
Quote by supersac
if your looking for an ibby
you can find a used rg for about that much

+1. For retail price, one of the RG's is around $350
So used is probably your best bet. Try craigslist.
$300? Pretty tight there, try kijiji and craigslist.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
RG2EX1 or RG321MH. Either is a great guitar that you can grow (as a guitarist) with.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
the RG321MHs are actually really nice... the one I played surprised me, felt really solid, the bound neck was classy.
Quote by ThrashKing
I dont want another Gio. I heard that Gio's are bad. Is that true? The one on craigslist is not a Gio, is it better quality than the Gio's?

Dude stop listening to what everyone says, gios are great starter guitars thats what i started seriously playing on an ibanez gsa60 great guitar, if your looking to get a better axe tell your folks you just want the 300 cash then start saving on that till you can get a higher end axe.
Quote by ThrashKing
I was on craigslist, I saw this

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/1806172370.html

is that any good or is it shitty?

It's good, I've actually wanted that guitar for a really long time now. It's a solid RG. Just make sure you do your homework about FR style bridges before you come and start bitching on here though. I swear...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It's good, I've actually wanted that guitar for a really long time now. It's a solid RG. Just make sure you do your homework about FR style bridges before you come and start bitching on here though. I swear...

its no where as good as the RGA121 prestige though..
Quote by archenemyfan
its no where as good as the RGA121 prestige though..

Yeah, but the chances of finding an RGA121 Prestige (EDIT: that cheap) are pretty damn close to 0. I'm just trying to be realistic. Prestiges are obviously much better, but it's not like they just go for $300 all the time. I've personally never seen one go that low.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by archenemyfan

didn't you see this?

I didn't, but it still supports my point. He lives in Ohio. How is an RG121 in Hollywood CA going to help him at all? And even if it isn't in a beat to shit condition, or a scam, what are the chances of finding a guitar that good that cheap again?

It's possible, certainly. I'm just being realistic in saying that it's not likely. Not unless he wants to camp out ebay and craigs list for a while.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yeah,the chances of finding a prestige for 300 is pretty low..after all 300 is the average first guitar price

but a word of Advice,don't get a guitar with a double locking trem though..for that price it is guaranteed to fail and give you trouble eveyday

but you can overcome it by going used...
Just wait for a good one on Craigslist. I bet you could push for 50 bucks more. $350 is the bottom number for a mid priced guitar that costs $800 new. They come up now and then. Just be sure you look down the neck to see if it is twisted. I can't tell you how many times I put a guitar back after I saw the neck being twisted, even at Guitar Center.