i'm stuck between the crunchlab and the d-activator on the bridge pickup, don't know which one to buy

is the crunchlab as metal as an emg 81? i mean can i pull pinch harmonics like zakk wylde like i do with an emg81

i have no doubts that the d-activator can handle that, but i think the crunchlab could be a better combo with a middle single coil and the liquifire than the d-activator because of the output difference.

i'm planning to install them on an rg370dx, basswood body

btw any suggestions for a middle single coil for this set?
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Why are u putting passives back in your ibanez if you allready have emg 81/85 set in it?
I can pull zakk wylde p.h with a sd jb lol, its all in your knowledge and our ability to do p.h
the d activator is meant to sound like active pickups, it should give you that emg scream better than the crunchlab

EDIT: the guy above is right, if you've already got the emg's then just keep them there
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by slipknot_420
Why are u putting passives back in your ibanez if you allready have emg 81/85 set in it?
I can pull zakk wylde p.h with a sd jb lol, its all in your knowledge and our ability to do p.h

because i didn't like the sound of the middle emg SA, i want a true single coil clean sound and a huge humbucker sound at the bridge
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Personally id not even use the single, id keep the emgs and use one of my other guitars for my lighter playing styles, but if your set on it id use the d-activator
switching active circuit to a passive one is a pain in the arse, i really think you should stick to actives in that guitar, two things i'd recommend trying are switching the 85 to the bridge for a bigger sound and maybe some seymour duncan blackouts as from what i've heard they're warmer
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
any comments to the crunchlab?
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
You should be able to get pinches easily on the Crunchlab, and I'd say its more versatile than the D-Activator too.
Quote by korn56
any comments to the crunchlab?

It sounds good.

Don't put it in that guitar.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
My pinch harmonics come through amazingly in my early 80s Ibanez PAF?

The crunchlab is going to be unforgiving and make bends/vibrato its strong point.

edit: Basswood is a bland, but light, wood. The D-Activator would definitely give the guitar the beef it needs, for heavier genres.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jun 24, 2010,