I recently got an Ibanez SR605 and I'm thinking of exchanging it for a MIM Fender active jazz bass.

My question is the fender a better instrument?
I let you get away so cleanly.
They're both fine instruments. The question is which feels better to you and better suits your needs, the Ibanez or the Fender?

EDIT: sorry for being ambiguous and answering you with another question, but (I'm assuming you're considering the Active Jazz V, a 5-er for a 5-er) it really should come down to which one is more comfortable and more playable to you. They're both quality instruments.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Jun 24, 2010,
Fenders are great.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I'll have to play a fender one before I decide I guess I am just on the fence about it
I let you get away so cleanly.
Not always with MIM Fenders.

You really have play through a lot basses to find the right one.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
Not always with MIM Fenders.

You really have play through a lot basses to find the right one.

This is pretty much the same w/ any brand.
Id keep the Ibanez. The quality on MIM Fenders does not impress me.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have an sr700 and a MIM P deluxe and I have to say the sr is the higher quility instrument
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jun 24, 2010,
I'm a big Fender man, but I'd say keep the Ibanez. The MIM's just don't cut it for the money. If it were a USA Fender, then there'd be no question about it, but the MIM's lack a certain quality.

However, try them out first, decide for yourself. They're two completely different instruments anyway.
I switched from an Ibanez SRX590 to a MIM Fender Active Jazz, but switched to Ibanez (SR700) again. In my opinion, the higher end Ibanez basses are a lot better than a MIM Fender! I'll stick with Ibanez!
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
I'm in the market for a five string bass and I was considering both, but settled on the Ibanez SR series (probably the SR755). It all depends on what kind of sound you want. The SR605 you have gives you mellower sounds and a rounder bottom end ( ). The Jazz Deluxe Active will give you sounds that are more up front and have more mids and treble IMO.

It all depends on what you want. But regardless of that, the way it feels is the most important, so you have to go out and try one to see how it compares to your Ibanez.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees