ok there is a looooooong story behind this...

but my car basically died (the strut snapped) and i dont wanna dump a buttload of money into a clunker anymore.

Basically, I left my band, so i am no longer playing with a band atm.

I want to sell my entire rig and get a Fender Standard MIM telecaster, cuz theyre affordable and really amazing guitars. Id have a bunch of money left over which i can invest into a car.

Im selling my Gibson SG, Marshall DSL 100, cab, pedals ,ect. As for an amp im going to save up for either a Marshall JCM 900 or a DSL 50.

Would selling/trading all that be a good idea? Should i get the telecaster?
The tele is $350 and if i sell everything id have about $1000 left to invest in a car.
I play music along the lines of Brand New, Matchbook Romance, Straylight Run, 30 seconds to mars and some thrice.

What do you guys suggest i do?
dont get the tele, way to twangy for your playing style
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
I don't know any of those bands, but I do recommend the DSL 50, Great amp!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Sounds good, i would get a strat for that though. and you can get those much cheaper than 350. more like 250. go on CL
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by scrubzyful

Clearly you've never played a telecaster.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by scrubzyful

all those bands played teles at one point....
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
amps are one thing, but i dont think i could ever sell my guitar, especially something like an sg that you gotta save and work for
ill be more specific on my sound, its more of an indie, pop punkish type sound with focus on little bass, lots of mids and some treble. Think Jesse Lacey type tone but with more mids.
Will the telecaster hold up in sound and quality?
My gibson has almost never let me down, except for the fact that it never stays in tune
Ive hadto change all of the pots on it, put a new nut in, and new bridge in. And it currently needs a refret. So its time to part ways with my loyal beast.

i know straylight run and brand new used teles, i dont think the guitar will have THAT much of an effect on the tone, i think its more of the amp, which is why i wanna get a dsl 50. Id get the tele and swap out the pickups for something else. I dont think i need a USA made one, i could buy a car for the price of one.

Im workin alot but a huge flow of cash would be great to help get things going.Plus im not in a band right now so a $3000 rig isnt necessary.
Last edited by tonyd927 at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by innertom
no, just keep your shit

school starts in August so I need one asap. selling my stuff is the only way to get one as my parents aren't rich ceos at some multi million dollar company. ...

I'm asking if the tele is good.
MIM Teles can be pretty good. Whether it will actually suit you, nobody here can say - only you can know that and you'll only find out once you've actually picked the guitar up and given it a try for yourself. For what it's worth though, I personally think Telecasters can do a "pop punkish type sound" very well and the MIM guitars can be quite good, just make sure you try it before you buy (don't get one online) so you can make sure it's a good one, since uneven frets or slightly dogdy routing isn't uncommon. Only other thing I'll add is maybe consider getting the DSL401 combo instead of the 50, save a little bit more money and to my ears they're the same.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
MIM Teles can be pretty good. Whether it will actually suit you, nobody here can say - only you can know that and you'll only find out once you've actually picked the guitar up and given it a try for yourself. For what it's worth though, I personally think Telecasters can do a "pop punkish type sound" very well and the MIM guitars can be quite good, just make sure you try it before you buy (don't get one online) so you can make sure it's a good one, since uneven frets or slightly dogdy routing isn't uncommon. Only other thing I'll add is maybe consider getting the DSL401 combo instead of the 50, save a little bit more money and to my ears they're the same.

Thanks man, that really helped and i appreciate it.

Man these forums are kinda dead these days, 200+ views on a topic and only a handful of replies...if youre gonna take the time out of your day to read it, might as well help on the situation
Quote by scrubzyful

I have a mim tele. It does lots of things. I even shred on it sometimes. Well i try to..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 28, 2010,
okay to sum it all up, I haven't played the guitar yet as it is in a guitar center about 5 states away.
it is being shipped to my house for a grand total of $338.00. it will be here Wednesday or Thursday.
if it's upto par them awesome, if not ill just return it for the refund.
well itll be here thursday or friday so ill be able to write an extensive review for it. =)