and he's played on studio recordings of the band that haven't been released yet, but will be at some point. but you wrote the song as far as chords and vocals go, but he still added lead guitar that he wrote over that song.

What's the deal on that? If there were hard feelings and he was pissed off can he say "No you can't include my lead on that cause I wrote it." or is it pretty much whoever wrote the core basic part of the song has that has say on what gets released? Or could he say "Ya you can release the song, but you have to go back in the studio, take off my lead, and re-record your own lead."

and just cause he wrote lead, would you include his name in the "Composer" credits or no?

i may need to know but i don't know yet.
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
Yeah just include him, nosense making more work for a finished project
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Sean-Man
Yeah just include him, nosense making more work for a finished project

but what if that didn't do it? what if he still said "no you're not releasing it with my lead" can he do that is what I mean...
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
You would have to give him the writing credits for his parts, but he did write it for your band, so the band should be able to use them. Worst comes to worst and you have to re-record his leads, but still give him the writing credits. If he's cool he'll let you keep his original recording.

However, be aware that it may end like Mustaine and Metallica..........minus the fact that you'll probably never be as big as Metallica
But good luck
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
This isn't the right place to discuss this. I'd suggest looking in the Bandleading forum. Thanks.

*reported*
no matter what he says, he left the band, so anything he contributed to the band is the bands....

as long as you still respect his contribution it should be fine.

and if he gets all "no, you cant do that... its mine" hes s bit of a douche
Is bad ass one or two words?