Right-o, this feels like it should be in a thread, but there weren't any really relevant threads that weren't long since dead, so, here it is.

I'm looking to get into some Tommy Emmanuel style stuff. I've been an electric player for quite a while and I'm pretty good at what I do on the electric, but it doesn't transfer over onto the acoustic so well.

So I just want some songs that sort of progress in difficulty to get me into the more complex Tommy Emmanuel style stuff. Finger picking sort of stuff. Any artists is fine, preferably it would sound good and be fun to play, but so long as it builds up my finger picking technique and eventually leads me into the direction to get to that level.

As for the level I'm at now... Well, I can play Nothing else Matters. >.> The Mason Williams version of classical gas. Mostly. I'M REALLY AN ELECTRIC PLAYER, OKAY?

So I guess we're starting from beginner stuff. Thanks guys.
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
Guild makes some amazing acoustic/electrics thinline, much like an electric guitar.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Bron-Yr-Aur and Going to California by Led Zeppelin are fun.
Last edited by Ilikelobster at Jun 24, 2010,
anytihng by simon fox
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
some of Simon and Garfunkel's stuff has nice acoustic parts.
Over the Hills and Far Away, also Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!