These are two songs I promised myself I'd write since the beginning of the year.
I have maybe 2 or 3 more to go with these, but I'm just gonna procrastinate.
The songs are meant to flow into each other.

1. LTSD: Here
A slow piece. I don't really know what genre to call it.

2. Fear Is...: Here
More metal/hardcore influenced.
Last edited by StringAssassin at Jun 26, 2010,
The first one has fairly dissonant lead
I'm sorry to say it, but it's not too great
the second one however, is well written and quite good, may need a slight change of ending.
LTSD needs alot of work to it. More importantly the solo needs to be worked on to fit into the song. Dissonance is not a bad thing, it just doesn't fit this song.
The lead in the 1st song could benefit from a change of chord progression, as I quite like how dissonant it is. It does clash a bit too much, especially with C# lead against the D/G backdrop.
I like the inclusion of F in there for some reason.
Again, the C# doesn't seem to have a place in here. It's too unstable and clashes with the established progression.

Fear is...: I like some of the twists that you've added to a dead genre. The pedal point riff was downright irritating until you harmonized it. This should have irked me more, but you made it work.
Breakdown/chug-a-lug section wasn't too bad, since it was brief. That always helps.
The end section was lacking, but I guessing this is a WIP, so I won't give you much flak there.
As for the rest of the song, I was thoroughly impressed. The intro, the heavy riff at bar 23, the proceeding section until bar 34, harmonized 3rds pedal riff, and bar 51 and beyond section were all strong.

I would say remove some more general cliches, and strengthen the end of the song.