Really good song! I'm well digging it Sounds like a soundtrack for a game or something :P
The middle section where guitar C comes in is pretty sweet.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Hmm, I guess that middle part does have a bit of a Final Fantasy Battle Theme going for it or something. Wasn't my intention ^_^ Oh well, drums and bass are tracked now anyway (hello Steven Slate + Spectrasonics Trilian).. might do the guitars this afternoon.. hm.
It was pretty cool. The part after the guitar C came in isn't really my thing though.
Catchy, I like the trading solo things.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
the slap bass sounds really out of place
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
The actual mix I'm doing now is a combination of heavily fingered and slaps/pops. Really, you can do ANYTHING with Trilian, it's the best VI I've ever used, bass or otherwise.
Wow, I really liked it.
It seemed to have a little bit of Protest the Hero for me, and it was awwwwwwwrite.

That said, I don't think I have any complaints on this one; it's solid and interesting, so it won't need much studio tweaking to become a fantastic, mind-blowing track. PM me when you're done recording it, I certainly want to listen.
My name is Jagayama. I spin for a living.
Outro was a bit bland in comparison to the right, that repeated riff wasn't so great
Quote by Ryuno
Wow, I really liked it.
It seemed to have a little bit of Protest the Hero for me, and it was awwwwwwwrite.

That really happy sounding chorus was a bit of a PTH, yeah.
It sounded alright, although that part where you had 5/8 and 7/8 is pointless because that's just a constant 3/4 or 6/8 and it just seemed like you were trying too hard to make it look complicated
or that might've just been me idk
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
A response to the complaints:
-The slap bass is akin to The Arusha Accord, which I presume the writer was trying to channel without sounding derivative.
-Switching time sigs probably comes from that style of "mathcore".
-Outro was kinda bland. Needs more freak out.

As for the song itself, I found it to be quite enjoyable. It is a bit jumpy, but I don't find it to be all that confusing. The transitions between riffs and melodies work solidly enough. I think that the only section that needs strengthening would be the outro. Fancy lead work might help, but I think it just needs to be more dramatic to give it a sense of closure. It's to repetitive and slow.
Since it doesn't seem like this song is supposed to be an epic masterpiece, you may wanna disregard that last bit. The ending does suit the "freakout, math" theme.

You're the same guy that wrote "The Three's Attic", no?
That and this song has built up your ethos significantly in my book.
Quote by FNAFJ
It sounded alright, although that part where you had 5/8 and 7/8 is pointless because that's just a constant 3/4 or 6/8 and it just seemed like you were trying too hard to make it look complicated
or that might've just been me idk

it might sound like that, but the way he has the accents laid out would make the use of 5/8 +7/8 permissible.

but yeah, I can't really crit, but yeah, I see this is as a more badass PTH (<- only spazzcore band I listen to). Sick song though dude.
has a terrible signature.
Other than the fact I get the impression in certain sections the time signatures do not truly reflect the rhythmic backing I'm really enjoying this piece; it's not confusing to listen to as much as it is confusing to read, the way you wrote it.

The only really bad part is the last riff repeating on its own for so long, it's really annoying man. Considering how damn busy and interesting the rest of the piece is, it sounds even more out of place and annoying.

It's rather hard to comment section by section considering they are not markered but I will tell you this, your solo and the backing to that, and the riff right after it with the drums and bass are the coolest part of the song in my opinion.

Kudos to the bass and drums, they fill in a really cool role and add a lot of dynamic and energy to the piece.

If you want to C4C, check out my Uber folder in my sig and pick a piece!
Maybe my views are biased, but I consider this the Wintersun of mathcore. Such dynamics, variety, ambience, and style, make you one of my favorite composers on here. Keep up the writing, man.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
The first word that came to mind when listening to this song was "spastic". However, it was very well written (maybe not so well arranged, but it's GP so who cares?) and very catchy at that.

The first riff just grabs you and the harmonies you created keeps it interesting. You brought it back in all the right places. The part at 18 and the variations you made were great too.

My absolute favorite part started at 45, but I think you could have done a better job with coming up with a completely linear lead part. When you return to the first lick at 70, it sounds a little awkward. I also think the flow into bar 100 can be done a little better, but keep that part where it is in relation to the part that follows it. It flows seamlessly from then on.

I disagree with a few people about the outro. I think that for a song as chaotic as this one, you need a way to come down and let everything catch up. I think the repetition at the end is a good way of doing so. Keep that part.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331538
I admire this piece, a lot. I can only hope to be able to make so many different kinds of riffs work together.