Hi there I have a classical guitar and I'm changing the strings. When it was bought we asked the man in the store (just a supermaket) to change the strings to left-handed position, but I'm not sure he changed the saddle (bridge nut) (I think that's how it is called).

I'm asking what is the correct position for that piece because I'm changing the strings: should the highest part be near the highest strings (GBE) or should it be near the lowest ones (EAD) ??

I made a powerpoint drawing to try to illustrate better my question.

I wish you answer quickly thank you.

like this :

Or like this:

?

thanks again!

Last edited by wazzuup at Jun 24, 2010,
The higher end of the saddle(that's what it's called) should be below the low E string, and the shortest end under the high E string when you reverse the strings for lefty. It's compensated in height for string gauges. Be sure to put the flat side down into the slot in the bridge, and keep the curved side up for the strings to rest on. Remember also to check the nut(the part up near the headstock with the slots in it) to make sure all the strings fit into all the slots when you reverse them for lefty. There should be no binding when tuning up.
And last but not least, of course, install a new set of NYLON strings. Do not attempt to put a set of steel strings onto that guitar or you will ruin it.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Jun 24, 2010,
I bought D'addario nylon strings (too good for the guitar but anyway... )

Thanks a lot for your answer.
actually in my experience cheap guitars benefit a lot from good strings. it can make a huge difference to the sound quality.

Quote by wazzuup
I bought D'addario nylon strings (too good for the guitar but anyway... )

Thanks a lot for your answer.