Page 1 of 4
I passed- 2.2 Hons Classical Studies!

Good luck to anyone awaiting results, whoo for anyone else with good (or not so good!) marks and enjoy any graduation ceremony!

Now, what can I do to celebrate?
Masters in trolling still in the post?

Boom!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Obligatory: shut the fuck up Fassa.

OT: Congratz everyone
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I passed- 2.2 Hons Classical Studies!

Good luck to anyone awaiting results, whoo for anyone else with good (or not so good!) marks and enjoy any graduation ceremony!

Now, what can I do to celebrate?

Neil Peart is proud!
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Masters in trolling still in the post?

Boom!

Meh that's old now dude. Get over it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Honestly, people responding to Fassa trolling/insulting her before she does anything is worse than when she actually does troll...
Congratulations Fassa!

look into the GCHQ, I hear you're learning Arabic and they are desperate for people with degrees in Classical studies.

I just got my results too, a 2.1 B.A. hons in Linguistics and English language. I got 80 on my dissertation on Finnish/Swedish contact linguistics
Quote by Paramore.
Neil Peart is proud!

@Mistress_Ibanez: Yaaaay! :highfive:

And impressive dissertation, I got a 60....

Funnily enough MI5 takes on a lot of Classicists...
Quote by Adam124
Meh that's old now dude. Get over it.

I'm just trying to fit in.

OT: I don't know what that means but obviously sounds good, so well done all. I should really go to uni myself...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Got a week left before I get mine. Not expecting much, but first year isn't really important anyway
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Congrats.

Not looking forward to University exams. They actually matter and shit.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm just trying to fit in.

OT: I don't know what that means but obviously sounds good, so well done all. I should really go to uni myself...

I'll explain:

There are four degree results you can get in the UK:

First- the top result. Few people get these.
2:1
2:2 Second-One and Second-Two. Most employers expect a Second Class degree.

3rd- the lowest possible pass mark you can get. Not that much use really to get this kinda mark.
I got a 2.2 in Law so I'm not too pleased. Although somehow I managed to get my highest mark in an exam that I only prepared 3 topics (there were 4 questions) so either there's something dodgy in the way the examiners mark the exams (60 for all questions, so it's not as though I did significantly better on the others to make up for the shitty 4th topic) or I'm the master of winging an answer on a topic I did no revision on.

I'm thinking of asking the tutor to go through my 2 exams for the 2 modules he teaches and comparing them and the way they're marked. Although I'm hesitant because it makes me look like a whiny bitch
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Fassa, Isn't a 3rd just like a pass?

If you don't get a 3rd I think it goes into just being a diploma of some sort.

Well done everyone! I remember waiting for my uni results...nerve-wracking times.

For the non-UKers, here's a quick explanation of how the marks are caculated, using my own uni as an example.

Less than 40: Fail. You're useless and should probably kill yourself with fire.

40-50: 3rd class degree. You passed, but barely. Go and hang your head in shame, after you're done spitting on everyone who failed.

50-60: 2:2 degree. Not bad, not bad at all. Maybe spending less nights passed out in ditches with condoms wrapped around your arms would have helped you do better, though.

60-70: 2:1 degree. Now we're talking. You're good, but not so good that everyone will think you're a swot and throw pies at you.

70-100: 1st class degree. Holy hell, you worked hard! Go out and enjoy the sunshine, although you probably spent so long indoors that your skin will catch on fire immediately.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Last edited by Neopowell the PUSO at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Congratulations Fassa!

look into the GCHQ, I hear you're learning Arabic and they are desperate for people with degrees in Classical studies.

I just got my results too, a 2.1 B.A. hons in Linguistics and English language. I got 80 on my dissertation on Finnish/Swedish contact linguistics

What does that stand for? Guitar Center Headquarters?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

http://www.gchq.gov.uk/

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Fassa, Isn't a 3rd just like a pass?

If you don't get a 3rd I think it goes into just being a diploma of some sort.

You could be right but for my exams, anything above 40 was a Third Class pass and was still counted as a pass, so it would make sense that anyone getting these marks are then awarded a parchment and their degree as other people do.

I dunno, I don't know anyone who got a Third.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I got a 2.2 in Law so I'm not too pleased. Although somehow I managed to get my highest mark in an exam that I only prepared 3 topics (there were 4 questions) so either there's something dodgy in the way the examiners mark the exams (60 for all questions, so it's not as though I did significantly better on the others to make up for the shitty 4th topic) or I'm the master of winging an answer on a topic I did no revision on.

I'm thinking of asking the tutor to go through my 2 exams for the 2 modules he teaches and comparing them and the way they're marked. Although I'm hesitant because it makes me look like a whiny bitch

Anything in Law seems to be a success. Jesus the amount of work that seems to go with the course frightens me (not doing it thankfully).

Unfortunate time to graduate with a degree in Law though. Out of curiosity do you know what you're going to do with it?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

Quote by fearofthemark

Government Communication Headquarters.

They spy on terrorists, basically. To apply you must be fluent in 2 European languages, then they teach you Persian for a year and make you listen in on people's phonecalls in Iran...

I would probably take the year of paid Persian lessons for fun and then quit, languages are fun but spying on phonecalls isn't really.

They are desperate for people who can speak Arabic though, and people with classics degrees as it shows aptitude for languages.
Quote by korinaflyingv
congrats fassa. myself, i just passed first year ba music with a 2:1
can't wait for next year, actually studying the topics i like.. although it will probably be much harder

I'll warn you now: second year is a LOT harder than first. Although I found it a lot more fun too because I had more module choice.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'll warn you now: second year is a LOT harder than first. Although I found it a lot more fun too because I had more module choice.

aye, i'm planning to put in some actual effort next year, might get me somewhere. i'm thinking the positives (module choices, living in a house instead of shitty halls) will outweigh the negatives of actual challenging work though
Well, congrats

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO

Well done everyone! I remember waiting for my uni results...nerve-wracking times.

For the non-UKers, here's a quick explanation of how the marks are caculated, using my own uni as an example.

Less than 40: Fail. You're useless and should probably kill yourself with fire.

40-50: 3rd class degree. You passed, but barely. Go and hang your head in shame, after you're done spitting on everyone who failed.

50-60: 2:2 degree. Not bad, not bad at all. Maybe spending less nights passed out in ditches with condoms wrapped around your arms would have helped you do better, though.

60-70: 2:1 degree. Now we're talking. You're good, but not so good that everyone will think you're a swot and throw pies at you.

70-100: 1st class degree. Holy hell, you worked hard! Go out and enjoy the sunshine, although you probably spent so long indoors that your skin will catch on fire immediately.

Nice, easy guide
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by leeb rocks
Anything in Law seems to be a success. Jesus the amount of work that seems to go with the course frightens me (not doing it thankfully).

Unfortunate time to graduate with a degree in Law though. Out of curiosity do you know what you're going to do with it?

I'm thinking of doing a masters then the LPC (to qualify as a solicitor) and just trying to get experience so hopefully when the economy is in a better position and there are more Legal jobs going, Ill be competing with people who just have the LLB.

If that doesn't work out, there are apparently forensic accounting companies that are crying out for Law grads.

Quote by element4433
Quote by korinaflyingv
aye, i'm planning to put in some actual effort next year, might get me somewhere. i'm thinking the positives (module choices, living in a house instead of shitty halls) will outweigh the negatives of actual challenging work though

I could never concentrate in halls. Too much noise for starters meant revision was impossible. Plus my halls was small and in the middle of Nowhere so it was annoying going to and from uni to halls.
As far as i know, i need to resit one thing, i got my results back from first semester and i passed all but one, but those that i did pass i got a 2:2 to 2:1, i don't know about the second semester yet.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

They spy on terrorists, basically. To apply you must be fluent in 2 European languages, then they teach you Persian for a year and make you listen in on people's phonecalls in Iran...

I would probably take the year of paid Persian lessons for fun and then quit, languages are fun but spying on phonecalls isn't really.

They are desperate for people who can speak Arabic though, and people with classics degrees as it shows aptitude for languages.

Couldn't we just...you know... hire people already fluent in Persian?
Quote by Nosferatu Man

You're celebrating a 2:2?

I should get mine next week, if I get anything less than a 2:1 I'm gonna spend the next few weeks drinking until I die.
Quote by donender
As far as i know, i need to resit one thing, i got my results back from first semester and i passed all but one, but those that i did pass i got a 2:2 to 2:1, i don't know about the second semester yet.

This was the annoying thing- if I'd had to resit a module from first semester this year, I would have had to wait until August (and not the June exam period) to resit it to graduate.

Surely it would make more sense for someone graduating to do any resits in june?
Quote by Lemoninfluence

thanks.

edit: MI6? That's awesome!

Do it, Fassa! Be a superspy!
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by leeb rocks
Couldn't we just...you know... hire people already fluent in Persian?

There's not too many Persian Arabic speakers kicking around. It's easier to train people.
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
You're celebrating a 2:2?

I should get mine next week, if I get anything less than a 2:1 I'm gonna spend the next few weeks drinking until I die.

Given that I was ill for the grand majority of my course (undiagnosed diabetes among other things!), me getting a 2-2 was a miracle.
Ahh I see. Congrats anyway . Like I said, with regards to me, anything less than a 2:1 is a problem.
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
Ahh I see. Congrats anyway . Like I said, with regards to me, anything less than a 2:1 is a problem.

What is your degree programme?
Psychology with Sociology (BSc) combined honours. I want good results so I can go on to do my PhD or maybe (very maybe) do some kind of graduate-transfer-thing into a medicine degree.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's where MI6 is too. But I'm pretty sure they won't let you quit after mooching off them for a year. Especially because they're secret service and all that.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Page 1 of 4