I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half already and I've decided that I truly want to be a better player and not remain stagnant at where my current level of playing is. Therefore I need some advice on my practice routine onto what I should add and some recommendations on the stuff I could/should learn as I'm mostly practicing the same licks/exercises everyday.

Currently my practice is:
Warm up exercise ( 1 2 3 4) with a metronome: 5 minutes
Legato: 10 minutes (I need more advice on this because I'm not exactly sure how I can move on from here, I've been doing mostly the same legato pattern)
Sweep picking: 10 minutes
Playing songs I've learnt: 20 minutes
Working on solos: 20 minutes
Learning songs: 15 minutes

Many thanks in advance!
I think the best thing you can do is learn songs. Maybe some people will disagree with me here but there is no reason to be working on advanced techniques a year and a half in. At a year and a half you haven't mastered the fundamentals yet, so you shouldn't be jumping ahead. Personally I started sweep picking after five years of playing.

Learn full songs - not just parts. This will help make you a more consistent player.
Quote by jfreyvogel

Learn full songs - not just parts. This will help make you a more consistent player.

Absolutely. And you'll have fun doing it!
Thanks for the replies so far! I'll try to work on more songs! However I have a guitar teacher and he tells me that I'm not practicing enough so is it my practice thats not good enough or is it just me? And also what are the fundamentals that I can be working on more?

Thanks again!