So I follow the boards and finally decided to register. The clip I posted this morning is from a solo in the beginning one of our tunes my band is putting together and I was hoping to get some opinions on it, keep in mind the song is still in infant stages and it's just a rough draft, but thanks for any help or opinions people have!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Omega6762/music/all/play856762
Cool tone. The drums somehow mess with the track. The part around 18-19 sounds just a bit off to me ( the timing I think ). Are you changing key near the end of the clip?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I like the tone as well. Very cool overall.

Try to swim without getting wet - I dare you.
Sounds pretty damned cool. I'd love to hear the rest of the song. Make sure when you actually record you pan out your rhythm and lower your vocalist's frequencies so he blends in with the tracks better. Also, turn down the bass drum slightly. Other than that, I'm loving what I hear. I wish I could write and solo that efficiently!
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments, Kwonnie I know exactly what you are saying! That is in no way shape or form the finished product. I would say at this point, it's less then a demo but I wanted to throw it up and get opinions on the actual solo! I appreciate the thoughts guys Once we get the entire track done and re-recorded to standard I'll post the whole thing for everyone to listen
Last edited by Omega6762 at Jun 27, 2010,