I've been searching for a good and cheap metal 212 combo for LONG. So I browsed Thomann and found this baby:

It's a Randall G3Plus 100w! I've had it since Tuesday, but I've had it at my band practice place because I couldn't really turn the volume up here at home!

Review: This hybrid combo sounds like sex! It is a pure metal machine. The cleans aren't anything to brag about, but the distorted sound is Marshally without the crunch and more midsy (IMO)! She is loud, I played her at the band practice and I could only have the volume at 4-5! It has 2x12 Celestion Seventy 80

Not sure if the amp in theory is 3 channels, but you can use it like that! Thomann calls it 2 channels with 3 modes! It has pretty basic EQ settings and a reverb. I'm not too keen on the reverb, but it does the job fine!

I call her Sucy, from the Swedish word susig which means something like hiss because of the hiss she has. I'm gonna buy a noise gate, any recommendations?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Last edited by Axeaman at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by Axeaman
The cleans aren't anything to brag about, but the distorted sound is Marshally without the crunch and more midsy (IMO)!

Marshall crunch is what people crave I expected the cleans to be really good

What tube(s) does it have?

oh well, HNAD

as far as noise gates - get an ISP Decimator and don't look back.
12AT7s. Well the cleans are okay, but nothing spectacular!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Solid state power section? Tight! (literally)

HNAD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
HNAD man! Nice little guy you have there.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Hnad!!!
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
Thanks, but it ain't exactly little
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Thats a pretty little hybrid, the thing I like best about randall is the simplicity of their amps, no unnecessary parts or anything.

HNAP!
H(first)NAD dude
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
One of my friends has the RG200 and we use that for band ractice. It's a great amp. Congrats
@Bassman434, well it ain't a metalcore amp really! It's more off a trashy amp! Not "modern" enough for metalcore!

@handbanana, true that! No BS here
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul