Page 1 of 2
Hey I've been looking around for a new axe, I've been playing a few years and my original one just doesn't seem up to standard any more.
I can't seem to find very many neck-thru guitars, if anyone could point out any brands or good models I'd appreciate it.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Jun 24, 2010,
Lots, just look to spend $1000 or so, lol
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I'm looking for something around the 2g mark. Although most of the respectable brands I've heard of, such as Washburn, Gibson, Ibanez, Dean, etc. Are either set or bolt on, with the exeption of B.C. Rich.
Gear:

Last edited by Nimbus456 at Jun 24, 2010,
Lots of LPs are through
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Line 6 Spider IV 75w

Digitech Whammy Pedal

Dunlop Crybaby

Boss DS-1

Ibanez Jumpstart Metal Guitar

Ibanez Jumpstart 15w amp
the LTD H-series are neck thru's from the 251 up I believe.

Get a H-1000 and youre laughing all the way to the bank (and back).
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Ibanez RGT42DXFM
Bought one used from my buddy that needed cash for $250 bucks....Amazing guitar and only $800 or so new. Id say its the fastest most solid guitar iv ever touched.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 24, 2010,
a lot of high end guitars have neck thru guitars. so i would suggest saving about $1000 for a really good neck thru guitar
Quote by yelad93
Lots of LPs are through

they're set necks.

Ibanez have the RGT guitars which are neck through.
Jackson have the soloists and the KV2, Demmelition V etc.
some higher end ESPs have thru neck.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by xl999
the LTD H-series are neck thru's from the 251 up I believe.

Get a H-1000 and youre laughing all the way to the bank (and back).

they're set-thru guitars i believe.
O.o, I musn't be very observant then, I've only seen a few neck thru guitars, high end or otherwise.

*EDIT: Thanks! I'll check out carvin now (:
Gear:

For good neck through at that price point, check out any Jackson USA Select series guitar (except the DK1) and most of ESP's standard series.
Woah. I've just fallen in love with the carvin models, damn cheap for what they are.
Gear:

i was about to recommend carvins. about the cheapest neck through your going to get.

probably the only neck throughs offered with customizable features for thier price.
Damn, 2G? Every guitar I've ever owned is neck through and I've never spent more than $300 on a guitar (most of them I buy used). If you're looking for good neck through guitars:
Les Pauls obviously
Most schecters
Jackson pro series
ESP Eclipse
PRS
Washburn
ok, i'll stop before I end up naming every brand there is. The only brands that consistently bolt-on are fenders and cheaper jacksons so I'm not sure why you would have a hard time finding a neck through. You should probably list out your other priorities if you want to narrow down to a decision.
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga

yamaha sg3000 doo eeeet.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
dude, neck through means the neck goes all the way through, in one peice, with the 2 sides of the body glued on.

les pauls and everything you just listed is SET NECK, meaning the neck (just the neck) is glued into the body part). it goes 6 inches or so in there.

a neck through goes all the way through the body. 1 long single peice of wood from the headstock to the base.
Quote by ikey_
dude, neck through means the neck goes all the way through, in one peice, with the 2 sides of the body glued on.

les pauls and everything you just listed is SET NECK, meaning the neck (just the neck) is glued into the body part). it goes 6 inches or so in there.

a neck through goes all the way through the body. 1 long single peice of wood from the headstock to the base.

Yep, just realized my mistake, damn I forget to think before I post sometimes
Peavey XXX 40efx
Schecter C1+ (sd 59bA4 neck/sd Custom8 Bridge)
Washburn Idol WI45(AirNorton/CrunchLab)

ESP/LTD Viper 300(EMG81b,89n)
Boss SD-1, Crybaby, MXR 6-band EQ,
Digitech DL-8 Delay Looper, SupaCharga
Uno mass for Carvin. With 2K you could really deck it out or save yourself 6-700 bucks if you make it a little less flashy.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
With 2 grand i'd be shopping in the Jackson USA section for a neckthru. You wont find much better under 2k.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
With 2 grand i'd be shopping in the Jackson USA section for a neckthru. You wont find much better under 2k.

just the yamaha

which slays every other neck through on the planet.

in every way.
If you're looking at spending two grand, don't base your purchase on what people on the internet say. Gop to a store, play some guitars for yourself.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Jackson RR24, Loads of ESP/ LTD's like the MH series (401, 100), H series etc. Then there are some Washburns like the X50 Pro and Pro FE.

For what style of music?

Edit: I think i'm getting set and throughs muddled up :S
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Jun 24, 2010,
I can't believe that only one person has said ESP/LTD. Out of all the companies I'm familiar with, they have by far the most through and set neck guitars.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ your right, it says any. i thought it said the best.
Schecter!!!!!!!!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
schecter C-1 classic.

though if youve got 2k to spend on a guitar, not exactly where i would be looking. fantastic guitar IMO, but doesnt really hold up with some of the stuff you can pick up for $2k.
Quote by Poglia
Gibson Explorers are neck-thru.

Amazing how many people replied to this thread that don't even know what a neck through guitar is.

For that kind of cash man just go to the ESP website. You'll get a guitar you will love forever.
Washburn Wing Series i just got a Falcon and i love it *-*
my kh-603 is neck-thru
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
All I really do atm is improv, loosely based around Opeth, Between The Buried and Me, Devin Townsend annnnd a little Buckethead.
Those four bands/soloists are by far my biggest inspiration... for now.

Really I'm just trying to find a guitar with massive sustain and a beautiful warm sound with a clean crisp attack which has the ability to carry out my creative horizons.
If that narrows it down, I have no idea.

Am in love with the Carvin DC 145C so far
Gear:

Last edited by Nimbus456 at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Nimbus456
All I really do atm is improv, loosely based around Opeth, Between The Buried and Me, Devin Townsend annnnd a little Buckethead.
Those four bands/soloists are by far my biggest inspiration... for now.

Really I'm just trying to find a guitar with massive sustain and a beautiful warm sound with a clean crisp attack which has the ability to carry out my creative horizons.
If that narrows it down, I have no idea.

Am in love with the Carvin DC 145C so far

Why are you looking for a neck-through? Those people you mentioned play set-necked and bolt-on guitars. You don't get any more sustain on a neck-through guitar and they tend to be brighter than set-necked and bolt-on guitars due to the additional maple. Bolt-ons tend to have the crispest attack. The heel doesn't get in the way on a lot of guitars so fret access isn't a problem. I recommend doing some more research and trying some guitars out. $2000 is a lot to spend on a guitar because you heard neck-throughs are the best.
I was convinced the main part of the tone was generated by the wood and pickups O.o
my budget is so high because I want an instrument that will last both quality and performance wise, and able to let me use my fingers and brain to their full extent for years to come...
Originally I was going for an Ibanez but I came to the conclusion that their innovative zero-point systems and ball bearings and whatnot have sustain issues, and the quality of the guitars seem to not match the price tag 2-5k for an S or RG series D:
Sorry, I'm pretty damn picky.
Gear:

Last edited by Nimbus456 at Jun 26, 2010,

Probably this might strike your fancy?

# Neck-Thru-Body Construction
# 25.5" Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Quilted Maple Top