Before too long I'll be in the market to expand my guitar collection. And I think I'm pretty dead set on getting a Fender Jazzmaster. So I've been looking at prices and have found This one. The next cheapest model is something like 1500.

So I'd like to ask anyone who owns one or has played one (I haven't been able to get out to the store yet) -- is the $800 model worth its cost?
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
I haven't played one, but have you considered the Japanese Jazzmaster? Frome what I have heard it's supposed to be very high quality.
ಠ_ಠ
/▌
/ \
i believe the classic player has a more p90 style pickup. a regular jazzmaster has WIDE single coil. strat construction, but wider

and japanese jazzmasters sometimes have strat pickups in a jazzmaster casing
chances are i'd end up replacing the stock pickups fairly early on... once i started getting bored with its sound
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
I bought a MIM Jazzmaster around this time last year. Let me tell you, you wont be disappointed. It is one of the most versatile guitars I own. If you want a thick full sound, or a nice twangy twang this is definitely the one. The pickups are also awesome, don't be mistaken with P90's, they are just a different type of single coil made by Fender.

I haven't played a japanese version, so you should probably find someone who has before you go out and purchase!
Last edited by Snewkie at Jun 25, 2010,
there is an AWESOME warmoth jazzmaster/jaguar for sale in the classifieds you may be interested in.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb