Page 1 of 4
I think it would be interesting to have a thread where people of the pit share their college major and or minor, or what they plan to major and minor in. Also, they could give tips and advice or just interesting information about their major and minor. I searched for a similar thread, and found nothing.

For me, I'm currently undecided. I'm about to start my sophomore year and I think ill have a declared major by the end of the year.

I'm thinking heavily about a History major and a Music minor. Is anyone else a History major? If so, could you give me your opinion of the process to becoming a history major.

Hopefully this thread stays alive and provides good information for people seeking some help with major's and or minor's.
German schools don't have Majors and Minors. You only have a major.

My major is going to be Digital Media (studying EE right now and it sucks)
My girlfriend is a medieval studies major, which is a combination of the history and English major. She loves it, but that's about as helpful as I can be.

I'm a poetry writing major. It's wonderful! The program is really small and everyone's super friendly and we just have an awesome time. It's a subset of the general English major, so I still take some general literature type courses.

I'm thinking about adding a drama or sociology minor, though I think I just like sociology because of one awesome professor I had.
DOWN&OUT
We don't have majors, minors and all that stuff here. Civil Engineering.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
In Israel we don't have Majors and Minors, you go to a specific part of the school,which teaches the subject you want to. So i guess it's only Majors.
Also,(unrelated): I hope your happy CoreysMonster,you gave me the final push to watch death note .(thanks you)
Tis a sig
Quote by Firebirdz
In Israel we don't have Majors and Minors, you go to a specific part of the school,which teaches the subject you want to. So i guess it's only Majors.
Also,(unrelated): I hope your happy CoreysMonster,you gave me the final push to watch death note .(thanks you)

Quote by Jett Diamond
My girlfriend is a medieval studies major, which is a combination of the history and English major. She loves it, but that's about as helpful as I can be.

I'm a poetry writing major. It's wonderful! The program is really small and everyone's super friendly and we just have an awesome time. It's a subset of the general English major, so I still take some general literature type courses.

I'm thinking about adding a drama or sociology minor, though I think I just like sociology because of one awesome professor I had.

I've thought about an English major as well. I figure the only practical jobs for a history major or english major are teaching.

Thats cool that you are a poetry writing major, I did not know there was such a thing. What do you plan on doing as a career?

Also, I like your David Bowie Avatar.
Computer Science Major.

I'm undecided on the minor. A music minor would be great, but i'm not sure i can do it. maybe a spanish minor. I LOVED spanish in high school.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I don't get the whole major/minor thing. Someone care to explain? I need to find out anyway for when I go to Uni in Oz.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
English Literature and Philosophy major, and a supplementary major in Linguistics, possibly one in Law and Society as well.

Planning on hopefully going on to be a professor at a university, if not, then a high school teacher who just publishes a lot of material and hope that one of them gets me somewhere.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Mugg74
I've thought about an English major as well. I figure the only practical jobs for a history major or english major are teaching.

Thats cool that you are a poetry writing major, I did not know there was such a thing. What do you plan on doing as a career?

Also, I like your David Bowie Avatar.

There's a ton you can do with an English major (and for me, the poetry major counts, which is great).

I don't know exactly where I plan on taking it, but essentially, it's a major declaring I'm good at writing, so I'll probably apply to journalism type jobs----News Papers, magazines. It's also a lot easier to get a publishing deal when you have an MFA in creative writing, so I'll of course try to publish books.
Teaching is always a good deal though. I think teaching community college would be really cool.

and I'm glad you dig Bowie!
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Declan87
A major and F# minor
I thought about saying that

Nice avatar, by the way.

On topic (sorry): I'm going to be a senior in high school next year, but I'm looking into a double major in music performance (on bass) and (music) education. Some schools have that as a single degree actually.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jun 24, 2010,
I'm studying dentistry. Fun and I love it.

We don't have majors and minors.
Not in college yet, but I'm going for either a History Major and English Major, or a Music Theory Major with clarinet performance minor.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Also I am suggesting you people to pick something practical, even if it is challenging. Such as engineering, math, chemistry, physics, biology etc. Better chances of having a good career or getting a job in the first place. Also I personally find these fields more fulfilling and interesting.
Degrees are mainly one subject here, but lots of universities do offer joint honours. I want to go and read History, I was considering History and English, but I'm fully set on History.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Im planning on doing Audio Engineering (or something similar) as my major, and having a minor in Computer Sciences.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by OMGWinner
Also I am suggesting you people to pick something practical, even if it is challenging. Such as engineering, math, chemistry, physics, biology etc. Better chances of having a good career or getting a job in the first place. Also I personally find these fields more fulfilling and interesting.

DOWN&OUT
Biology major with a minor in Chemistry. Thinking about changing my minor to philosophy so I can go into Bio-ethics. If not, I'm sort of interested in conservation work for the time being - ecology I guess.
history major poli sci minor is what I've finally decided on I think, I'm taking a year break before I go to U of T though.

Quote by OMGWinner

Yeah, good luck getting the marks for law school against us hunny.
Planning to do Journalism.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Major- either Political Science or Philosophy
Minor- Music Theory
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Dual major Accounting and Business, management and Finance....Second major is only so that i get 150 credits which is required to take the CPA exam. I chose this degree because of the job security and potential to make nice money.
I'm double majoring in Electrical Engineering and Jazz Performance. It's gonna be tough, but if I can't handle it, I'm at least doing a music minor.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I'm dual majoring in music composition and music business.

Music composition deals with writing traditional and modern classical music. We study and analyze common and uncommon forms, conventions, and developments in classical music, as well as techniques such as orchestration, counterpoint, conducting, etc. We have private lessons in composition and common classes for specific techniques. There are extra-musical requirements too, such as organizing a concert to present your music, and building a website profile. At the end, we submit a portfolio with specific pieces and recordings.

I chose this major because it is my passion. I realize it doesn't have a safe job prospect, but with hard work and persistence I can be reasonably successful.

Music business deals with practical knowledge of the music industry. Accounting for things such as typical concert expenditures and profits, copyright issues, management, business operations, etc. Not my favorite thing in the world, but it's good to know.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Definitely A and F#. They are not relatives, but compliment each other nicely.

Also B and C#. Some great improvisational opportunities there...
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

My major technically doesn't exist until the Ohio Board Of Regents approves of it
Geographic Information Systems

I don't know if I'll minor in anything.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 4