Yes it is entirely possible. Please don't put dots in it though.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
You can put inlays in most every thing
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
you shouldnt need them, there are still markers along the side of the fret board

if you need the inlays though, then dont buy this guitar

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
sounds like it wouldn't be worth the money for a guitar that's not even past beginner standards. I wouldn't do it, but you could.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Will cost LOTS however, Id guess at least the same price as the guitar (depending on what you go for) - considered saving the money you would spend on inlays towards a higher quality guitar?

Also, I love the way you rate sick puppies, rise against and sixx am on your profile
Last edited by demon.guitarist at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by whiteandblack
Why shouldn't I buy it? From reviews, people seem to love it.

There's no reason not to buy it. It's probably a fairly good guitar for the price -- and it looks nice definitely.

You will probably spend about half what it cost for the guitar (if not more) to get an inlay done, however. I would recommend you just do without the cosmetic preference until a few years from now when you make the step up to guitars worth at least $1000 USD, that's where you really start to buy 'professional' guitars.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by Brian 1.0
There's no reason not to buy it. It's probably a fairly good guitar for the price -- and it looks nice definitely.

You will probably spend about half what it cost for the guitar (if not more) to get an inlay done, however. I would recommend you just do without the cosmetic preference until a few years from now when you make the step up to guitars worth at least $1000 USD, that's where you really start to buy 'professional' guitars.

Ah, thanks. I didn't think getting inlays would cost that much. I figured about $80 or so. Anyways, thanks for steering me clear of it.
Personally man if you cant buy the guitar the way you like it, dont buy it. its gunna cost you more money to have inlays put into it than the guitar is prolly worth, i mean actually worth not how much you paid. If i wanted a set up like that and in the price range i would go with this (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Prophesy-EX-Electric-Guitar-104611124-i1386470.gc) granted you dont have to get it from guitar center but its worth looking at... It has the same specs as the one your looking at but has inlays, emg 81/80, and grover tuners. Yes it is a bit more money but you will save money by not having to put inlays in the guitar its self.

But this is just my opinion you must like the guitar you buy stock inorder to love it when you change/customize it...
if you want inlays just get those cheap vinyl inlays , and remove when you feel that you dont want them any more, they dont look half bad either http://shop.ebay.com/creative-cuts/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_dmd=2&_from=&_ipg=
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by whiteandblack
Ah, thanks. I didn't think getting inlays would cost that much. I figured about $80 or so. Anyways, thanks for steering me clear of it.

Yeah, it would cost a lot more then that. Maybe if you just wanted dots, $80 would cover that portion of it. But then consider the neck has to be defretted, then inlayed, sanded flush, then re fretted, re leved, then the guitar has to be re setup. Your looking at a easy 200, most likely more then that.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.