Page 1 of 2
My parents are 'Good Christian' parents. Put me through private Baptist school from Prre-K to 3rd grade, yadda, yadda, yadda. Long story short, I get endless crap from my parents (my dad especially for the music I listen to. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Helloween, Metallica, etc.

Any ideas on making him stop? If he can't stand the music I listen to I hate to think of what he'll do when he hears the music me and the band make .
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Just tell him that's not who you are. Maybe he likes being the good Christian dude but it doesn't mean its for you too
Show him some As I Lay Dying

Then point out they're christian.

He'll think Metallica is beautiful in comparison lol
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Try to avoid letting him hear it. My dad hates all the music I listen to, for the most part, so I just try to keep it quiet so I don't have to hear him bitch.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
What do they listen to themselves?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I swear that I've seen so many of these threads..

Just tell him that if God didn't want metal to exist then there wouldn't be such a thing.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Nicko Mcbrain (Maiden's Drummer) is a Christian, so yeah.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
LOL dont listen to music then when ur around them ahah
my dad gets mad because when i drive my music is turned up all the way ...
solution : turn it downwhen right before u get home
duh!!
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
Well just tell him they're not actually satanic. Show him some lyrics if you must. Also you could just keep the heavier stuff for iPod listening. Show him a band like The Devil Wears Prada, they are all Christian (I think their songs are about Christian stuff too but unsure) and the singer's screams sound pretty evil.
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
get him to listen to christian metal. then he'll see that if he doesnt like that either, the only problem he has, is with the actual music, not the views or lyrics of the band.

hopefully then, he can learn to accept that its not all about satanism or anything, and that he just doesnt like the loud guitars and drums.

this is the exact discussion i had with my parents, and it didnt take them long to accept that the music i listen to, makes me who i am, which isnt a devil worshipper or anything of the sort.

its a huge pet hate of mine, to be judged on my musical tastes, so i'd try and clear the air between your parents by proving to them that the only problem they have is with the music.

plus, if you kept the music that you play, to a respectable level, things should be fine.

hope i've helped.
Burn an inverted cross on your forehead and proceed to remove it when your mom doesn't approve of it anymore.

Then change your name to Glen Benton.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.

My dad can't stand what I listen to either. Whenever I have dubstep on, he probably thinks I'm watching a transformers movie. If I told him it was music, he would be all ಠ_ಠ
You listen to your metal and be happy. If they want to disingenuously stop you from listening to it, they can die (which they will, eventually)
Well it depends on how old your are, I guess. Because if you're in high school and complain, it'd be more like you're a whiny little bitch. Turn down your music, I guess. Also, you could try listening to other types of music other than metal so you can broaden your horizons in music.
well I do try and listen to it when he isn't around, but there are times when he just randomly shows up without warning.

And I've thought about it (doing the Christian Metal stuff) but it would be pointless. My dad is a rather narrowminded guy. He actually wouldn't let me play Judas Priest's Worth Fighting For (A very melodic balad about carrying on through hard times) at my church talent show without the pastor's approval.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Since when did music and religion become the same thing?
DO IT LIVE
if he's a christfag then he'll probably believe that everyone is an individual. tell him this is what makes who/what you are.

or you could just play some necrophagist really loud
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
well I do try and listen to it when he isn't around, but there are times when he just randomly shows up without warning.

And I've thought about it (doing the Christian Metal stuff) but it would be pointless. My dad is a rather narrowminded guy. He actually wouldn't let me play Judas Priest's Worth Fighting For (A very melodic balad about carrying on through hard times) at my church talent show without the pastor's approval.

Muhammed from Necrophagist (the guy who created this monstrocity) had very similar parents. I think you need pick up your instrument and create something ridiculously good. I can sense it in you.
That's dumb. I've gone to Catholic schools my entire life and nobody cares that I listen to death metal.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I used to only listen to Metal. I now listen to almost everything. I don't like country, most pop, or any commercial rap. My point is that I've expanded my horizons. Why? Cuz I write a fair amount of my own stuff and I get ideas from everything. See, I write a lot of Progressive songs, so interesting twists are good.

ANYWAY, TS, just try listening to more than just Metal. And get an iPod. If nothing else, blasting your tunes is rude, man.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I used to only listen to Metal. I now listen to almost everything. I don't like country, most pop, or any commercial rap. My point is that I've expanded my horizons. Why? Cuz I write a fair amount of my own stuff and I get ideas from everything. See, I write a lot of Progressive songs, so interesting twists are good.

ANYWAY, TS, just try listening to more than just Metal. And get an iPod. If nothing else, blasting your tunes is rude, man.

Him listening to other genres of music isn't going to change a damn thing. He can personally enjoy other genres of music himself sure (that's more or less encouraged) but the fact is, his parents are closed minded human-beings, and he has to live with that.

I have to deal with these sorts of people on a daily basis.
I'm not some close minded guy when it comes to music. I've got everything from Meatloaf and Trace Adkins to Pantera and Black Tide on my MP3.

It's just that I'm a metalhead at heart. Over half of my MP3 is metal or hard rock. And my dad hates almost all of it. I'd call him out on it but then he'd just take away all my music. (He's even threatened the same with the guitar even though he has no business with that. that was all my money)
Have a good one,
Phoenix
OP seems weirdly similar to the begging of the Tenacious D movie...
Tis a sig
Quote by MightyAl
TS, give him a blowjob, and the music will be the least of his worries.

That would be gay incest man, surely you're not encouraging that?
Quote by Echohead
That would be gay incest man, surely you're not encouraging that?

I'm just saying it will take his dad's mind off the music.
Quote by MightyAl
I'm just saying it will take his dad's mind off the music.

What if he wants to put on some music whilst the deed is being done?
Quote by Echohead

Best be Barry White, I'm thinking.
Quote by MightyAl
Best be Barry White, I'm thinking.

I was thinking similar, perhaps even some S Club 7 though, to really get the action moving...
Quote by Echohead
I was thinking similar, perhaps even some S Club 7 though, to really get the action moving...

Yea, he could put on S Club Party, and tell his dad "there's a party in my mouth, and your boaby is invited!"
Quote by Echohead

He chould record himself saying Pow Chicka Chicka pa-waaaw and put it on loop
Tis a sig
Quote by MightyAl
Yea, he could put on S Club Party, and tell his dad "there's a party in my mouth, and your boaby is invited!"

and given enough time they'd be a party in his Dads mouth too!

Wait, wtf?
Quote by Echohead
and given enough time they'd be a party in his Dads mouth too!

Wait, wtf?

I've been following this conversation from the beginning, and I don't know why.
So the solution to my problem is blow my dad...I'll have to think about it...

No but seriously what do you guys think I should do? I already use headphones a lot, try and keep it down for him when I don't, if only to save arguments. But this comes up way too much in my opinion. I'm sick of his rants and he's sick of me being a 'rebellious juvenille dilenquit'.

If he wouldn't take my music away for it I'd probably just tell him to shove it up his ass...
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Page 1 of 2