'Sup Pit,

I have a bit of a problem with my 6th form college. Bear in mind I'm talking about the UK education system, though.

I go to 6th form at a school that I didnt actually go to. My schools 6th form merged with 2 others from the surrounding area, and my lessons are all at one of the 2, that my old school merged with.

I just finished, what should have been my last year (year 13), but instead of taking a 2 year music course, I've been offered a chance to stay on an extra year to do a national diploma. This isnt the problem, but merely some background information, s to why I'm at this problem.

My problem is with certain members of the new year 13 that are a year younger than me. All through their first year doing A levels, they were a pain in the arse, basically, not studying or doing constructive things, ruining the common room, rearranging furniture every few days, not washing up after they use plates and cutlery and even tearing up the work of people they don't like.

Basically, all they're there for is to mess around and piss people off, and I've had just about enough of it. They were all warned after a serious incident, where someone stood up to them and was victimised constantly until the head of year stepped in.

I have spoken to the head of year about the problems, but he says that because theres too many of them, he can't just throw them out, even if they do fail their first year, because it would be well within their rights to repeat the first year if they have failed. However, they won't be able to have a 3rd go at the first year, due to our 6th form policies.

Another thing that bothers me, is that they hate authority within the common room. For example, the last head boy and head girl got really harsh treatment from them all, this year, and as my girlfriend is most likely to be head girl next year, I worry about how they're going to treat her, especially as some are considering running for head girl.

I suppose I forgot to mention that they're all girls, and complete chavvy bitches, at that. They also think that 6th form is a soft option to college, a place where you can just mess around and not do any work, and make the place unbearable for people actually trying to do well and make something of themselves, ridiculing those that work hard. Not to mention, trying to incite other people to join in with their behaviour, in victimising people who work hard and try to do well.

Has anyone got any advice they could give me about dealing with these incompetant idiots?

Like I said, I've tried talking to the head of year, but theres nothing he can really do about it, as its almost half the year group (were talking about 20 people here).

Sorry about the rambling though, I just really don't know how to deal with it.

*TL;DR*

Some people at the 6th form I go to are pretty much ruining everyones education there, and something needs to be done about it.

However, I really don't know what would work, with a group of that size, or of that mentality.

RANT OVER/

Any help would be massively appreciated

Thanking you in advance,

Bryn

xxx
expel one of them is probably the best option, the overs may take example from it,
kinda sad that they aren't guys, or you could of beat the crap out of one of them as an example
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
expel one of them is probably the best option, the overs may take example from it,
kinda sad that they aren't guys, or you could of beat the crap out of one of them as an example

i wish they were guys tbh, one, for the reason you stated, and two, because girls can get awfully bitchy and spiteful, and thats so much worse than physicaly violence, as theres pretty much nothing you can do to stop it.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

Girls are corporeal too.
you sound like you're a nerd.

But seriousely, it is hard to prevent these cliques from forming and if they are against you then you're pretty much ****ed. I'd suggest not antagonizing them in any way. Just try to stay cool with them even though you hate them. If the develop any kind of respect for you they might let you just do your stuff.
For the common places problems. Well I don't know what the policies are over there. You should be able to express your anoyance to anyone in a higher 'rank' than the head of the class, I suppose... If you explain that it is detrimental to your education they ought to step in somehow.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
i stayed to yr 14 and it wasn't bad, ok it was a mixed school and everyone matured but if they're the kind that won't be told what to do and whose shoe sizes are higher than their IQ's then i think its best to think if you put up with it will the qualification be worth it? otherwise it's time to assess your other options.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
you say they are chavs so simply play slayer at full volume constantly untill they die, if they try and turn it off simply beat them up, female chavs cant really be considered female so you still occupy the moral high ground
Quote by Will-kun
you sound like you're a nerd.

But seriousely, it is hard to prevent these cliques from forming and if they are against you then you're pretty much ****ed. I'd suggest not antagonizing them in any way. Just try to stay cool with them even though you hate them. If the develop any kind of respect for you they might let you just do your stuff.
For the common places problems. Well I don't know what the policies are over there. You should be able to express your anoyance to anyone in a higher 'rank' than the head of the class, I suppose... If you explain that it is detrimental to your education they ought to step in somehow.

haha, thing is, im not a nerd, by any means. i don't mean to brag, but i think that im pretty well liked by the people i got to know when the schools merged. the girls in the group don't actually hate me, because i just ignore them most of the time, but i reall dislike them.

and as to you saying take the issue higher, the actual head teacher of the school has next to nothing to do with 6th form, and the head of the year is pretty much the highest i can take it, unfortunately.

EDIT:

Quote by Dempsey68
i stayed to yr 14 and it wasn't bad, ok it was a mixed school and everyone matured but if they're the kind that won't be told what to do and whose shoe sizes are higher than their IQ's then i think its best to think if you put up with it will the qualification be worth it? otherwise it's time to assess your other options.

I think you're right somehow, I've just got to stick it out I guess. The qualification will be worth it, as it will get me an interview for some great music universities, but I'm looking for advice on helping me deal with the annoyance too.

and to the guy who said about music, me and my friend, who's moved on to uni this year, used to play real death metal at stupid levels, to piss them off sometimes, or if they were being a real nuisance, haha.
Last edited by Stud_Muffin at Jun 24, 2010,
Just do what you ****ing want. You might have to put up with other people's BS for a while but **** it.
sorry babes but i dunno, i don't think there's much you can do

hoping you thank me for my reply

matthew

xxxxxxx
Quote by Masshuu
sorry babes but i dunno, i don't think there's much you can do

hoping you thank me for my reply

matthew

xxxxxxx

thankyou.

bryn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quote by Stud_Muffin
thankyou.

bryn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In all seriousness though, I think it's just one of those things you have to put up with. If the head has said there's nothing they can reasonably do then they'll only change their minds if something happens that is worthy of them taking actions. I hope for your sake that they do something that warrants that sooner than later.
I know a couple of people like that, its better if you get a clique of your own, Ive just left year 13 at my 6th form and we had our clique which was probably 2nd biggest to the sort of sporty fresh people, but all our year kinda got on and everyone would rally against any dicks in the year below.
If you can't do this then keep it at the level of them not hating you and get on with your diploma and make the best of it, you're not gonna see them again ayway.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Masshuu
In all seriousness though, I think it's just one of those things you have to put up with. If the head has said there's nothing they can reasonably do then they'll only change their minds if something happens that is worthy of them taking actions. I hope for your sake that they do something that warrants that sooner than later.

thanks for being serious about it dude, you just sounded like you were ripping on my attempts at being friendly to people on UG.

the general theme is that im just gonna have to deal with it as it comes, but thanks to everyone for making me feel better about the situation.
Ok TS, listen up, this is what you have to do:

1-Get this shirt:

2-Stand right next to them whilst making this face:

3-Inquire about the operational specifications of damned magnetic devices.

Now seriously, ignore them.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Tell them that you can easily make Carbon Disulphide is the science labs, and if they don't shut it your going to force some down their throat. They wont know what it is, which will make it far scarier if you add in a few extra syllables eg Oxidated Uranium core Carbon Disulphide Magnate or something...works in senior school

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost