I think someone on here has/had a Whitehorse and saying it was a pretty good amp for the price.

What sort of music do you play?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I think someone on here has/had a Whitehorse and saying it was a pretty good amp for the price.

What sort of music do you play?

well.....from AC/DC.....to 80's metal.....to Metallica and beyond....im not too bothered if the amp doesnt hav a good clean tone, just aslong as it can do crunch, metal then i'll be a happy chap.
Cabinet looks a little odd. . .
4x8?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I've never heard of them before, but at that price it doesn't really give off the impression of high quality.

You are aware that it is a 4x8 cab though, right? That won't be anywhere near the sound of a 4x12 cab if that is what you are expecting.
Quote by MrFndr
I've never heard of them before, but at that price it doesn't really give off the impression of high quality.

You are aware that it is a 4x8 cab though, right? That won't be anywhere near the sound of a 4x12 cab if that is what you are expecting.

i havent played through a 4x12 cab so i would know.....but im just wanting an amp that can give me the tones that ive said above....the amp ive got now (Hayden Mofo) cant quit get metal and it doesnt sound all that great with pedals.
Dude, that would be a huge step down from the Mofo, trust me.
Quote by kacper_j
Dude, that would be a huge step down from the Mofo, trust me.

but how can i get my Mofo to sound metal....before i bought it i was told that it could do metal, but not being able to play it before hand i trusted the sales guy, but then when i got it i rwalized that it couldnt do metal, but i thought with a pedal or two it would sound ok...sadly not.
Do you have the amp's footswitch? The 'Mofo' function is supposed to make it sound alot better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Do you have the amp's footswitch? The 'Mofo' function is supposed to make it sound alot better.

ye...it came with the amp....it gives it a little more gain but not a lot.
"half stack" for £220 = NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
what's your maximum budget, and are you prepared to go used?
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Quote by rock rocks
...to 80's metal...to Metallica...

Ummm since when is Metallica not 80's metal? Their stuff from that decade is their most notable work.

Quote by rock rocks
ye...it came with the amp....it gives it a little more gain but not a lot.

Metal isn't about having heaps of gain. Ever think that you're playing skills may be partially to blame for the lack of "metal toanz"?
Thats adorable. And for the record its not a valve amp, its a hybrid, theres only 1 preamp valve listed in the specs.Maybe try upgrading rather than downgrading?
Use an overdrive to boost your amp and/or an EQ to shape your tone. I won't make any assumptions here, but i_am_metalhead could be right. He certainly is right about the heaps of gain part.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
White Horse stuff is made by Gear For Music, GFM are a company based in the UK that make cheap starter guitars and drumkits, very low quality stuff, the drummer from my first ever band had a GFM kit, it was shit. The White Horse stuff is probably a slight step up, but it's made by the same company and just re-branded with a different name, I certainly wouldn't buy one.

Also, it's not a proper tube amp, and the 4x8 (never seen that before) will probably sound very tinny and overall bad.

The Mofo is 100% a better amp, infact it's a pretty decent amp, I was going to buy one once. Get a good OD/dist pedal and it'll be able to do metal.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i swear hartke make an amp almost the same as this i remember looking at it i think it was the hartke piggyback to me it looks exactly the same
http://www.musicwarehouse.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1881&strPageHistory=search&strKeywords=piggy&numPageStartPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all
same rough price aswell
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff
The guitarist in my band has an amp that is starkly similar to that. It's a 4x8 half stack. It's a 60 watt hybrid amp with one tube in the preamp. Solid state power amp. The only. ONLY. thing different than that amps and my guitarists amp is that it's made by a brand called Guitar Research and it's red. The layout of the controls is exactly the same. I'm assuming that the amps are very similar, if not, identical.

Anyway, it sounds pretty good. The clean channel is pretty of trebley, so you might have to roll the treble off a bunch. The 4x8 sounds fine. He can get plenty of bass out of it. He doesn't use the second channel, since he uses pedals for distortion. So I can't tell you about that.

All in all, it would definitely be worth what you pay. You could definitely find better amps out there, especially if you look used.

EDIT: Here's the amp I was talking about. Guitar Research T64RS. Looks EXACTLY the same.

http://www.samash.com/p/T64RS-60W-Half-Stack_-49965803

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by rock rocks
i havent played through a 4x12 cab so i would know.....but im just wanting an amp that can give me the tones that ive said above....the amp ive got now (Hayden Mofo) cant quit get metal and it doesnt sound all that great with pedals.

Seriously, the amp you have shits all over the piece of crap you're looking at.

Like I said in your other thread, listen to the clips in my proifile...that's a Fallen Angel which is probably similar to your Mofo. I wouldn't quite call it a metal amp on it's own but with an OD over the top it'll do pretty much anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I actually have an old 4x8 upright cab from the 70's, and it sounds really good, bright and clear. Good for like, classic and indy rock I guess. It has pretty quality speakers though.

Bad thing is there is NO bass response. It's almost non existant, therefore NOT good for metal, AT ALL.

Just to clear that up.
i believe white horse is a minimal step up from the g4m amps, since only g4m sell them.

lan3y
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Worn cherry

Peavey Vypyr 30