I just got mine today, and my god it is so beautiful I could cry.
Especially the reverse and hold functions, it turns out the lack of backing music is why my playing has lacked depth all this time, so I couldn't be happier with it.

Are there any DD7 owners on here who want to share some delay tips and tricks with me?
Current Gear:
Ibanez GAX30 Transparent Red
Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt
Boss DD-7
Dunlop Crybaby Original
i found a way to do a .8 delay, found this on another forum:
"I use the DD-7 for dotted 1/8 exclusively and we play alot of Fee, Hillsong, etc. I've had more success with DD-7 than the DL4. Try these settings: Level @ 2 o'clock, repeats @ 10 o'clock, and set the delay time to 800ms. Then tap it in and you'll have it. Good luck."
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
The DD7 rocks! If you wanna have some fun, set the delay to reverse mode, all the knobs on max ( 'cept volume of course ;P). Make sure you've got your guitar muted. Now make very short, random noises on your guitar. For instance: rake the strings above the nut. Set the volume to zero, do a pinch harmonic, and then very quickly roll the volume to 10 and then back to 0. Knock on your guitars body etc. You can create the most eery sounding, horrible horror movie theme with this stuff
Yeah
It's a great pedal. I got mine 3weeks ago on ebay for $125 dollars used. It was in mint condition! Anyway using the loop is incredibly fun for solo playing and improv. but I've been loving analog mode the best. When I put a MXR Carbon Copy in my loop i noticed it sucked all the bright out of my tone everytime I turned the loop on so I don't think analog's my thing, least not with the Mark V.

Just mess around, pretty hard to make a delay sound terrible unless you're trying
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I just saved up the extra cash and went with the DD-20 but the DD7 rocks just as much.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I love mine. I usually only use one delay setting and the looper though. My delay setting is: Mix: 2 o clock, feedback: 11 o clock, delay: 2 o clock, mode: 800ms
the dd-7 actually sounded quite better than the dd-20 imo. i got ahold of a dd-20 a month or so ago and expected such good things from it and was pretty dissapointed in the tone. just didn't have the clarity and precision i expect from the dd-7 and dd-6 i own.

at TS, the modulation effect is good for multiple things, but i usually use it with the volume low on the pedal and the delays pretty short. gives that awesome 80's delay solo tone.

the analog delay setting is where i usually stay at, i like moving the 'delay time' knob with more repeats and getting warped sounds and oscillations.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I once posted this in a thread, might as well try again in here...

Quote by adriaanwouters
couldn't find this on the web... listening to the end of this, the DD-3 has some kind of 'sitar mode' (with the feedback totally maxed out). can this also be done on the DD-7? thanx!!!

All in all: can I get a sitar sound from a DD-7?
Quote by tubetime86
Most people don't give a shit about tone... We are the exception, not the rule.

I probably am a bit more rule than exception though
Last edited by adriaanwouters at Jun 25, 2010,