Hi,

I'm looking to sell my ESP LTD EC-404 bass guitar, though I'm also after some advice regarding it's value.

This bass was bought new by myself in January 2008. I'm something of a 'bedroom rockstar', hence this bass has never been gigged. Hell, it's actually never left my house!

It's in excellent condition, there's some wear on the bridge area where my hand has been resting while playing I think I've shown that pretty well in the pictures provided. Other than that the bass is as you'd expect for an instrument that has been well looked after, regularly maintained and stored in a gig bag it's entire life!

There's a three-way pick-up selector knob, allowing for 100% neck, 100% bridge and anywhere in-between. You can really coax some nice sounds from this bass, and the active EMG pick-ups are really meaty and loud. The bass is still on it's first 9v battery, it works fine, but the buyer may want to trade it out for a fresh one.

I had Dunlop Strap Locks fitted to the bass by the shop when I purchased it, so bear that in mind - regular straps can be used with the buttons, if you don't have the proper Dunlop strap clips.

I believe my instrument (EC-404) has since been renamed on the ESP site to 'EC-414FM'. They look to be identical, and the specs appear to be identical also:

Set-Neck Construction
34" Scale
Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
5 Pc Maple/Rosewood Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
40mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
22 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
TOM Bridge & Tailpiece
EMG 35DC (B) / 35CS (N) Active p.u.

Here are some pics of my bass taken this evening:

PICS!

As mentioned above, I'm new to the buy/sell game when it comes to musical stuff. So please comment on my price. The cheapest I've seen the EC-414FM for sale is around £550, which is what I payed for my bass in 08.

With this in mind I'd like £420, plus postage. although a pickup/meetup would be preferable, I'm in the Co. Durham (UK) area.

Any questions please let me know.