Hey guys,

I'm going to get a new guitar in a few days...

I was set on a Schecter Omen Extreme FR until i suddenly realised i could buy something slightly better (which means 100$ more for me).

Any idea which guitar would be in that range?? (around 600$)

I Play hard-rock/light metal

Oh! and a floyd rose isn't really necessary
Blues isn't hard to play, but it is hard to feel.

-Someone on the forum
Last edited by Shreyash at Jun 24, 2010,
Stick with schecter don't go with omen, or damiens.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
i don't think i can get any non-omen/damien in that range

-Someone on the forum
get a 2010 hellraiser or something stick with schecter just not them models
not within 600 still :/

-Someone on the forum
check ebay, i got a great deal on a hellraiser 7 string, it was used but not a mark on it
ermm... i'm in india..
:P

Any idea about PRS guitars?

-Someone on the forum
Quote by Shreyash
ermm... i'm in india..
:P

Any idea about PRS guitars?

PRS - great high end stuff. idk what you could get for 600 bones, though. ive grown away from schecter. they were the first company i ever got familiar with, and now i am glad to say i dont play them. not that they are bad guitars, they just dont work well for me. why not ibanez or esp/ltd. ur by japan, you should be able to get decent prices on something from either of them.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
PRS - great high end stuff. idk what you could get for 600 bones, though. ive grown away from schecter. they were the first company i ever got familiar with, and now i am glad to say i dont play them. not that they are bad guitars, they just dont work well for me. why not ibanez or esp/ltd. ur by japan, you should be able to get decent prices on something from either of them.

My friend has an ESP F 50 and it sounds horrible to me ....

What good Ibanez models would i get in that range?? Are the RG350's good?

-Someone on the forum
If you dont mind the whacky shape, a BC Rich Bich might be ok, there dirt cheap and most owners swear by them. Also, name some stuff you like to play to help give an idea.
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
any idea about some cheap RG series guitars?

-Someone on the forum
i would say look into jackson or ltd. they have some decent guitars in that range that sound good. I would say in your range avoid the ibanez if you want something that has good sound, because you won't have cash for a pickup swap.
Seriously, 700 Aus dollars got me my first guitar, it's lasted four years.
Look into the Schecter tempest series, although I'm not sure if they're still in make.
damn good for the price.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Any specific models you guys want to tell me about?

-Someone on the forum
Ibanez RGA42 has stock active electronics, (newer) gibraltar fixed bridge and (archtop, hence the "rga") mahogany body. Should fit your needs if you're looking into those superstrats. From the normal RG line the basic model's RG321 with passive electronics and basswood body.

What's good in Ibanez is that the necks are thin and the bolt-on neck joint's better executed than in Jacksons, Schecters and ESPs.

Seeing that you don't need a FR system, another option is an ESP model with a strings-thru-body -design. ESP changes their gear line pretty much every year so it's hard to say which are available to you. MH-250NT is one, I suppose.

These models are cheaper than 600$, though, so you could spare some cash for a better amp etc.

With that 500-600$ you could invest on a higher end Epiphone Les Paul, but if you're not into that body shape I guess that's no real option.

From the BC Rich line, the higher end models such as the neck-thru-body designed warlocks and JRV:s are propably solid stuff. The lower end models have been getting a lot thrashing over the years. However, their designs might be too extreme if your taste is hard rock.
Last edited by Rautio at Jun 26, 2010,
@Rautio

Thanks man

Is the RG 350DX good?

-Someone on the forum
I tried a RG350DX which cost 350 euros

Then I tried a Schecter which cost 500 euros

The Schecter totally owns the Ibanez xDDD believe me in sound and playability
Love the Guitar
Gear:
- Ibanez SZR520
- Peavey Vypyr 30w
- Alhambra 2C Classical Guitar
- Tortex .88mm/Jazz III 1.38mm
- Elixir Nanoweb Strings (.009)
I had an Ibanez RG and that stinkin thing fell to pieces. Schecters are pretty damn sweet, but for 600 bones you might wanna check out DBZ Guitars cause the quality is there for that price range.

http://bit.ly/d1v5i1
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
So schecter omen 6 extreme fr would be better than an Ibanez RG350DX?

-Someone on the forum
Quote by shredmaster12
I had an Ibanez RG and that stinkin thing fell to pieces. Schecters are pretty damn sweet, but for 600 bones you might wanna check out DBZ Guitars cause the quality is there for that price range.

http://bit.ly/d1v5i1

you get what you pay for...high end RG's godly
How about a Fender Strat?? They have wide frets to allow easy playability and both single and double coil pick ups.

ron666