I recorded this over a span of two days because the song is so damn long. I'm using a crappy First Act guitar-usb cable with the free Kuassa VST, so the sound is not the greatest but it's decent enough, I think. No backing track or anything, just me and the guitar.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8cScagQQI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4nLVwSFDP0&feature=channel

I know it's not perfect, so any criticism or advice is welcomed. Thanks for watching!
Should've at least had the song in the background... Might've given you something to stay in time with. Playing is quite messy, too, but I'm sure you'll get better with practice.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Hate to say it but it feels like my ears have just been raped.

The riffs you managed, you did very nicely, but a lot of it was messy, out of time and incorrect, but then, that isn't exactly the easiest song to cover

I agree with the above poster, a backing track and a half decent recording would have improved it a lot.

Sorry I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, I just didn't think much of it at all. However I think it has more to do with the sound quality than your guitar playing skills.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329981
What do you guys recommend recording with? I have a crappy Line 6 and no money, and my school blocks torrents so I'm kinda boned.

Also, I realized I had my volume at almost muted. When I turned it to full my ears were raped as well. It sounds a little better when turned down, but the lack of good equipment is killing me.
I could be wrong, but I think you can plug your Line 6 directly into the computer. Not sure it might only be on certain models.

Assuming you can, what I would do is record yourself with Audacity, and put the original song or a backing track in as well.
Quote by Random3
I could be wrong, but I think you can plug your Line 6 directly into the computer. Not sure it might only be on certain models.

Assuming you can, what I would do is record yourself with Audacity, and put the original song or a backing track in as well.

Alright I'll have to give that a go, there's no backing track anywhere for that song and the thought of putting the actual song in never occurred to me. Thanks for the help! Oh, and by the way your cover was very well done.
Quote by iro-bot31
Alright I'll have to give that a go, there's no backing track anywhere for that song and the thought of putting the actual song in never occurred to me. Thanks for the help! Oh, and by the way your cover was very well done.

Cheers

If you need any help with the direct recording with the Line 6 you might have to ask someone else for further advice, I don't have any direct experience and I only know this because my friend uses that technique with his 150w.
Quote by Random3
Cheers

If you need any help with the direct recording with the Line 6 you might have to ask someone else for further advice, I don't have any direct experience and I only know this because my friend uses that technique with his 150w.

Yeah I just tried it. It works, and it sounds a bit better. Something about that software I was using made the slip-ups stand out a lot more than they should have, and this sounds better but it still seems pretty crappy. I may have to invest in that presonus audiobox you mentioned; the difference in quality seems well worth it.
If you go for the Audiobox you will also need a half decent mic, and a computer that can run Cubase.

If you are considering the Audiobox, don't just take my word for it as I've only used a handful of recording softwares, and I've only had Cubase for about 6 months.

Talk to some other guys on here, many of them have loads of experience with this sort of thing and can help out better than I can