Poll Options
View poll results: Which Xbox?
Xbox Slimline
76 79%
Xbox Elite
20 21%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 4
So, seeing as I have an long summer ahead of me, I'ce decided I'm going to buy an Xbox. But seeing as I don't actually know that much about them, I thought I'd ask the pits advice:

Seeing as the new Xbox Slimline is coming out next month :http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003NSBMF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277412717&sr=8-2

are the new additions worth waiting for, or should I Just get an ordinary Xbox?
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Get the new one
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
wait for the new xbox.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Get a PS3 instead, mostly the same games with free online, better graphics, and bluray. And I wouldn't trust a "new xbox" to not crap out.
Get the new one, it's loads better, and it's only a month's wait.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Get an Elite.

Slimline is basically that, but without a removable hard drive and full of failure.

"BUT OH, IT'S SMALLER AND QUIETER."

who. ****ing. cares.

"BUT THE KINECT!"

Buy a wii.
Don't get an Xbox, get a Playstation
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by bikerboyjosh
I'ce decided I'm going to buy an Xbox.

Why let Ice Cube make the decision for you?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Thrill-house
Get a PS3 instead, mostly the same games with free online, better graphics, and bluray. And I wouldn't trust a "new xbox" to not crap out.

"Better graphics." ... Very arguable. Besides, I'm sure he's compared the PS3 and 360 prior to this, and landed on the Xbox for a reason.

Also, I've had my 360 since launch, I play it regularly, and it Red Ring'd one time, under warranty. Plus, Xbox 360s are covered under a 3-year RRoD warranty, so... I'm sure you'll be fine.
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
I dunno... When I had an Xbox it crapped out on me and I got sick of it and switched over. Ya I know people say you shouldn't play it all the time, but you should be able to play it whenever the hell you want. Basically an xbox is a computer. I leave my computer on 24/7 and it's not broken. If you left on your xbox for that long it would burst into a ****ing inferno and destroy half your neighborhood.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by Thrill-house

basically this.

even the new xbox is still years behind the ps3. not to mention that new games like Medal of Honor and Dead Space 2 will have better graphics than the xbox. This is just the first to come.

ofcourse if you for some reason dont want a ps3 go for the new slimline
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Ive had both the xbox and the ps3, and I'd prefer the xbox anyday.

I'd say wait for the new one though, it looks like it'll be worth the wait.
Last one on drugs is a queer.
Quote by CliffIsAngry
basically this.

even the new xbox is still years behind the ps3. not to mention that new games like Medal of Honor and Dead Space 2 will have better graphics than the xbox. This is just the first to come.

I'd love to know where you guys are getting your information... Where is there any evidence that MoH and Dead Space 2 will have better graphics on the PS3?
Gear:
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Honestly I bought the MW2 edition X box. It's good, but get a PS3.

They are the exact same except PS3 is free online and has a blu ray player. I don't think X Box holds one advantage over PS3.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
that new xbox looks like a f*cked up shiny bowtie.

and so what if the xbox might "crap out"? don't overheat the d@mn thing and thats why they sell warranties. idk if i spelled that right...really don't care. lol
O O

___
Quote by psychedelic14
Buy a good gaming PC, profit

Yea.
Doesn't break down, and you can keep it up to date. and most have HDMI, and you could plug it into a big HDTV
Quote by CliffIsAngry
basically this.

Is that all you care about?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
PS3 > 360. Seriously, after playing both for a fair amount of time I can't say there's a single thing about 360 that actually beats PS3; there are some areas where they're equal, in everything else the latter wins.
I'd assume the only reason for not buying a PS3 is the cost, in which case go for the cheapest variety of XBox and see where your prudence gets you

EDIT:
Quote by TheBax
that new xbox looks like a f*cked up shiny bowtie.

and so what if the xbox might "crap out"? don't overheat the d@mn thing and thats why they sell warranties. idk if i spelled that right...really don't care. lol

I suppose you're one of these people that thinks it's a good idea to live in a place called Tornado Alley because the weather's nice most of the year?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Jun 24, 2010,
just get the elite and do this to it.

looks cooler than that stupid new one.

and who cares if the new one is quieter? are you really gonna play your xbox low enough to hear the noises when you've got awesome games to play???
O O

___
Quote by CliffIsAngry
basically this.

Naw.

TS - get the elite if it's cheaper. I doubt you'll see a huge difference between the two.
Quote by SG_dave
I'd guide you to the place that helps with this stuff. But i'm scared you'd end up dragging all these ignorant people in there too.

Same
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 24, 2010,
I thought the Pit was better than this.

It's a games console. They all are practically the same power-wise. Get a f*cking life.

BTW - I play 360 because my friends all play 360. I guess you fanboys don't have any.
If you're getting an Xbox, have you thought about where you are connecting to Xbox Live? If your router is far from where you would put your Xbox, get the Slimline for the Wifi. If it isn't that far, just get an Elite and buy an Ethernet cable with the money saved.
^IMO

Remember Reach

Soulsilver FC 1505 8079 2846
Quote by Jsteele1408
I'd love to know where you guys are getting your information... Where is there any evidence that MoH and Dead Space 2 will have better graphics on the PS3?
meh I read a line wrong when I read the news >_<

no they are releasing special editions with extra games

Dead Space: Extration in Full HD aswell as Medal of Honor: Frontline in graphics optimised for HD.

>_< oh well I'd love to own those versions though.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Naw.

TS - get the elite if it's cheaper. I doubt you'll see a huge difference between the two.

Same

but it is years behind. It took them what 4 years to come with an inbuilt wifi? not to mention the controller requires batteries by default, they use a DVD drive which has limited space for modern games meaning you have to use 3 disks. It has memory card slots which I guess serves the purpose of transporting your gamer tag to other xboxes. Oh yeah and if you move the xbox while its running it can severly **** up.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

The new one is out now

And it has built in Wi-Fi, the Elite doesn't.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Oh, ignorance is bliss.

Morons, go learn a thing or two before having a little war when you clearly have no idea what any of you are talking about.

Quote by CliffIsAngry
but it is years behind. It took them what 4 years to come with an inbuilt wifi? not to mention the controller requires batteries by default, they use a DVD drive which has limited space for modern games meaning you have to use 3 disks. It has memory card slots which I guess serves the purpose of transporting your gamer tag to other xboxes. Oh yeah and if you move the xbox while its running it can severly **** up.

How is not having built in wifi behind? You imply by saying behind it doesn't have wifi of any form. And anyway who uses wifi for a console? It sucks.

Whats wrong with a DVD? Its cheaper and clearly hold all the latest games. And the 3 disk thing, yeah one game

Why would you be moving your xbox will it is running anyway? Thats just idiotic.
Last edited by creelers at Jun 24, 2010,
Show me one game that has 3 discs. Besides a over-sized RPG.
Steam ID
XFire profile

Quote by Delboyuk_01
I don't think you can go wrong with a Black guitar, white ones are almost as good but black ones are better, white ones just don't sound quite as good.
Quote by CliffIsAngry

Stop. You are ignorant and are ranting based on fanboy propaganda by Sony and other fanboys. This is why the pit can't have a decent thread about games - they all get closed because of stuff like this.

Also - try shaking your computer while it's running and see what happens - it's a hard drive thing.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 24, 2010,
Nothing To See Here
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

Quote by Burgery
Last edited by TheIntruder at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by CliffIsAngry

I think you're missing the point of this thread.

TS said he's buying a new Xbox, not a new console.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by TheIntruder
Tell me one game on the 360 that is an exclusive and is not a shooter.

Come on, I want variety people

Oh Jesus... really?

Viva Pinata
Forza
Fable
Alan Wake

To name a few. You should leave now, avoid yourself any future embarrassment.
Nevermind
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

Quote by Burgery
Quote by TheIntruder
Tell me one game on the 360 that is an exclusive and is not a shooter.

Come on, I want variety people

An awesome one, in fact.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Page 1 of 4