Page 2 of 3
Quote by prplhayesvp70
^
This.

In other news

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i actually love being treated equally. white kids don't get questioned about their race, is their race/ethnicity somehow less interesting or something? maybe you're racist towards white people if i can steal your (stupid) logic.
Quote by fearofthemark
They're interested, and you're being a tool.

this.

you're getting defensive over nothing, if they asked you then called you a cracker or whatever racist names you can think of THEN that's rude but if thye are wondering then you're whining over nothing.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Maybe they're trying to make friends and think they may have more to talk about with you because of your Asian heritage?

People are just trying to make conversation, christ, get over yourself.
Quote by TheInstigator
i actually love being treated equally. white kids don't get questioned about their race, is their race/ethnicity somehow less interesting or something? maybe you're racist towards white people if i can steal your (stupid) logic.

Most white Americans don't know all of their ethnic heritage, and yes we do ask each other. I can tell you the ethnicity of most of my friends. You are the one who wants special treatment.
Quote by TheInstigator

White people get asked what ethnicities they are.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by myearshurt
I find it mildly annoying if it has no relevance to whatever's going on.

yes, exactly.
Quote by TheInstigator
why should people be curious in the first place? that's the point i'm making dickhead.

Because what race you are usually has an impact on what you look like. If there is some confusion, people would rather ask and assume, because that would be rude.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by RockGuitar92
White people get asked what ethnicities they are.

by people they hardly know?
Quote by TheInstigator
yes, exactly.

mildly annoying =/= thread. It doesn't really even merit a blog, but if you wanted one I'm sure there are loads of anti-social people who would read it and say "Yeah, I hate people talking to me too".

EDIT: TS joined today to post this,
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by fearofthemark
They're interested, and you're being a tool.

This.

I am white and yes, people have asked me what my ancestry is, and yes, I have asked other white people what their ancestry is.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
This.

I am white and yes, people have asked me what my ancestry is, and yes, I have asked other white people what their ancestry is.

are these people you actually know or friends with? if so, i don't have a problem, I don't mind people I know asking me, but if i don't know you, then it's a problem.
I used to find it weird when people asked me in my shop if I was polish. I found it insulting, actually
Quote by TheInstigator
but if i don't know you, then it's a problem.

Can people you don't know ask you anything? Or do you think they're being offensive in some way?
Quote by Geormajesty
Can people you don't know ask you anything? Or do you think they're being offensive in some way?

Hey stop asking so many questions! You barely know the guy, shit...

Quote by TheInstigator
yeah probably. when you play megadeth and metallica songs to chicks, they get so horny am i right?

No, I don't really like those bands. I play them Al Green and John Mayer and watch their clothes fall off their bodies like leaves on a tree.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by captaincrunk
I'm polish, so I ask people because it's interesting to me

Well the person asking was a racist who wanted me to be Polish so he could accuse me of ineptitude based on language, when actually he was just a thick-headed twat.

And I thought you were American, captaincrunk
Americans pretending to be European is so funny. Like every national boundary has a different ethnicity or something...
Quote by captaincrunk
No, I love to talk about ancestry. It's a good conversation starter. I get laid too, it's great.

awesome, why don't you leave this thread and go **** a girl who likes guys who are into megadeth and black label society.
LIGHTEN UP FOR FUCK'S SAKE, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FUCKING GIVE A LITTLE!

Jesus!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well the person asking was a racist who wanted me to be Polish so he could accuse me of ineptitude based on language, when actually he was just a thick-headed twat.

And I thought you were American, captaincrunk
Americans pretending to be European is so funny. Like every national boundary has a different ethnicity or something...

So my genetics are invalid because of my location?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

And I thought you were American, captaincrunk :p

he is. i'm glad you can tell he's lying and full of shit too.

but hey, what would you expect from someone from indiana though
Quote by TheInstigator
awesome, why don't you leave this thread and go **** a girl who likes guys who are into megadeth and black label society.

My dick is sore from ****ing all those Asian girls you refused to talk to, maybe later.
Quote by TheInstigator

uh yes, because that has something to do with this thread.. >.>

Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Jun 24, 2010,
*reported*
obvious troll is asian
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Username : TheInstigator
Join Date - June 2010

what an arrogant douche
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

No one has ever asked me what race/ethnicity I am. Does this happen alot to everyone...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by captaincrunk

No but it's not like it matters.

"So Suzie, are you English?"
"Well no actually my great grandpa is Saami Norwegian and my mum is half American so I'm 1/4 Norwegian and American and Welsh"

"so Suzie, are you English?"
"yeah."

which conversation was easier there?

Seriously people who go on about being a quarter this and a quarter that are just silly. If your parents moved to America from Poland that's one thing, but otherwise it's like all these Americans with a greatgreatgreatgreat grandpa from Ireland getting tattoos of shamrocks and shit
Quote by captaincrunk

Indiana? You some kinda injun, boy?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
are you good at math?
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

"Well no actually my great grandpa is Saami Norwegian and my mum is half American so I'm 1/4 Norwegian and American and Welsh"

"yeah."

Seriously people who go on about being a quarter this and a quarter that are just silly. If your parents moved to America from Poland that's one thing, but otherwise it's like all these Americans with a greatgreatgreatgreat grandpa from Ireland getting tattoos of shamrocks and shit

I don't have any tattoos, but which of those two conversations was more interesting?

Quote by RockGuitar92
Indiana? You some kinda injun, boy?

Quote by TheInstigator
i don't like being put on a different standard. race shouldn't be a big deal, so it shouldn't need to be brought up. especially if i don't even know you.

when you react the way you do, you are the one making race a big deal.
People who talk about the genetics of their greatgreat grandparents are really boring. I'd probably have walked away after "well no actually my great grandp..."
I'm not adding anything to this thread by writing here because I agree with everyone saying that the TS is uber-sensitive and needs to change his tampon. in fact I may be feeding the azn troll.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

"yeah."

I do find it a bit weird how some Americans are so proud of having Irish ancestry but that's no reason to deny someone their heritage simply because they aren't first generation imigrants.
I'm half German half Portuguese and I've gotten that question often enough. It doesn't really bother me much though, I've had people asking whether I am German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and even Indian once (so I responded in an Indian accent XD)!

Who cares? Just take the piss of it. It IS a good conversation starter, anyway.