My flatmate is Czech and she recently lost her job. She is studying whilst working, and as such needs an income to support her studies.

She went to sign on to jobseekers allowance whilst she is searching for a job, and she got a reply back saying that she is not allowed anything at all because she had to do a worker registration form.

Noone along the way (previous employers, job centre, HMRC etc...) have said anything along the way about needing to complete this process, and she is being denied any benefits at all because of it.

Does anyone know anything about having to do this?
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Yes, she has an NI number, has been living, working and paying taxes over here for about 4 years
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by MadClownDisease
Does she have a national insurance number?

EDIT: ^ LOLZ WE THAUGHTT DA SAYM!

LOLLLZZ

Maybe she should fill the form in then
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
LOLLLZZ

Maybe she should fill the form in then

LOLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!11!!1!!

But yeah, is this form she needs to fill in a big trauma?
Oh wait rworsl I just re-read your OP, she can't claim jobseekers anyway if she's a student.

People studying can't claim job seeker's allowance. Sucks to be her, and I've been there, but there's nothing she can do except get another job =/
You can only claim jobseekers allowance if you are seeking a full time job, the clue is in the name; because of this students cannot claim.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington