I've been messing around with the scale and i haven't been able to find any backing tracks, does anyone have any? Plus on a side note i play more metal stuff and anyone know any scales i can mess around with?
Every scale will help you.

Firstly, the reason you can't find any backing tracks is because Harmonic Minor is a transformation of the Natural Minor (You just Nat. the 7th (G to G# in A Minor)).

Secondly, there is no such thing as a Spanish Scale by any means. There are scales used commonly in Spanish Music and, having said that, there is something much more common to Spanish music (Flamenco, specifically) than this, but I wish to not confuse you (or start a debate).

Thirdly, now that we've established you're just in A Minor try looking up a backing track. If you can't find one, here's a quick and dirty one: Am - Dm - E. i - iv - V in A Minor.

Now it would benefit you greatly if you learned some theory for yourself instead of coming here asking these kinds of questions. While we're more than willing to help you, you could save yourself a trip and get things done a lot faster. Music Theory Website that will help you more than you know.

EDIT: Just go to lessons, and begin on number 1. The most important thing is to apply it as you go. Make sure you REALLY understand everything.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Jun 24, 2010,
Quote by DiminishedFifth

Now it would benefit you greatly if you learned some theory for yourself instead of coming here asking these kinds of questions. While we're more than willing to help you, you could save yourself a trip and get things done a lot faster. Music Theory Website that will help you more than you know.

Well i just recently started to learn theory and the whole Spanish scale, i typical refer it to this scale just of the sound that's all but thanks for the advice.
Then you've kind of started in the wrong place, if you want to learn theory and understand it then you need to start with the major scale. If youu don't then you've got no frame of reference, the major scale is your foundation.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I posted a thread about Harmonic minor not long ago if you want to look for it (might be a couple of pages down).

There was a lot of good input and videos posted about the fundamentals of Harmonic Minor.

But as said above, if you are new to theory you might want to learn the basics first with some more simple scales, because harmonic minor uses difficult harmonization.

However you could forget that for now and just make a metal backing track using power chords the easy way, thats what I used to do.
lol guitar
Harmonic minor is more of a classical sounding scale.

There is an 8-tone Spanish scale. Here is the formula.
1 - b2 - b3 - 3 - 4 - b5 - b6 - b7