i have a fender squier and a front man 15w what can i do to make my amp sound better like to play with a rock distorted sound in it, or i want the clean piano because when i put the drive -select the distortion isn't the best .........
i want a nice advice nothing costing too much because iam only 13 years old and just started guitar ike 5 months ago

thanks if you will suggest me an amp i want one which will allow me to play different kind of tones on it

thanks
>.<

rock on!
Uhhhh..."clean piano"...WHAT?

But all I can say is get some multi effect pedals and stomp boxes. Or, because you just started playing, you can get a cheap Spider IV 15w to get some "decent" tones.

Oh and as guy above me said...wrong forum. Do you really think this has ANYTHING to do with guitar techniques?
Last edited by guitarocker100 at Jun 24, 2010,
anything but what you have, ok i have a marshall MG15DFX so i'm in no position to majorly criticise but tbh i think my MG isn't the worst thing i've ever heard, ok it's not the best but i have heard worse. but any small vox or even the roland microcube. i've also heard good things about the orange microcrush. but meh, try em out and see what takes your fancy. out of the ones mentioned the microcube is probs the most popular but for versatility probs the orange or even MG15DFX will suit what you want. if they're within budget.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I don't know much about your amp so you have to help me a little, and it looks like your new here (btw welcome) so I'll try to make it easy on you.

1)What don't you like about the distortion on the amp? (is it to fuzzy? not enough distortion? etc)

2)What kind of tones are you after? (A few of your favorite bands will do)

3)If you would buy a new amp or a distortion pedal, what's your budget like? (you'll want at least $100 for a new amp $40-50 for a pedal)

EDIT- Damn I thought i was going to be the first post, but either way the TS isn't online now so there's not much we can do without input.
Last edited by Kyle-Rehm at Jun 24, 2010,
I'd personally suggest going for a Peavey Vypyr 15. It's a modelling amp, so you've got a wide range of tones and it sounds good; in my opinion it's one of the cheapest amps that's worth getting.
Others that you might want to look at are the Roland Cube 15 (a little cheaper than the Vypyr) and the Roland Microcube. However, though both are good amps, neither has the versatility of the Vypyr and aren't significantly cheaper... So I'd still say the Vypyr 15 is your best bet.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I don't know much about your amp so you have to help me a little, and it looks like your new here (btw welcome) so I'll try to make it easy on you.

1)What don't you like about the distortion on the amp? (is it to fuzzy? not enough distortion? etc)

2)What kind of tones are you after? (A few of your favorite bands will do)

3)If you would buy a new amp or a distortion pedal, what's your budget like? (you'll want at least $100 for a new amp $40-50 for a pedal)

EDIT- Damn I thought i was going to be the first post, but either way the TS isn't online now so there's not much we can do without input.

my budget it about 100 and thanks iam new here and i think i put this in the wrong section iam going for the soft smooth sound like classic and like metallica.

a example of a song i love ad dream to play on the guitar except i cant play it cuz theres no tabs =(

any ways her it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p8pi7FKQjg
that type of clean nice lil distorted sound