I switched to 13s about a month ago. Ever since, my fingers have been torn up. I tried to be patient and build up a denser callous, and I've also tried letting my fingertips heal. Any tips?

By the way, I'm not a beginner. I've been playing for 5-6 years.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

dip them in hydrochloric acid
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Man up and push through it.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Dip them in super glue before you play. Okay, it's the pussy way out, but you'll be able to play. Other than that, I would just say persevere it and build them up, but that could take a while. I'm still trying to build up my callouses from gauge change two months ago (and it was only from 9's to 10' >:-()...
What did you switch from? Was this like a crazy 9s to 13s jump or up from 12s or 11s or summat?

I'd just be careful about moisture softening them before you play - main thing I can think of, I've never went that heavy.
well i use 13's but ive always heard that dippin them in peroxide or isopropyl alcohol can help callous growth
Quote by Freepower
What did you switch from? Was this like a crazy 9s to 13s jump or up from 12s or 11s or summat?

I'd just be careful about moisture softening them before you play - main thing I can think of, I've never went that heavy.

This was a jump from an 11s medium top heavy bottom set. Now that I think of it, it might be the wound 3rd thats giving me trouble. I'll try 12s with a plain 3rd and see how that goes.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

I read that dipping your fingertips in vinegar will help with the pain.
Hope that helped.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
LOL thats almost how I started, Bb with .10-.60 Boomers. Those are quite a it bigger though, just keep playing man! Don't do the superglue thing, ruins any relationship with the strings almost. It sucks lol (IMO) but maybe try I guess.

Theres nothing like nailing a power chord with gigantic down-tunes awesomeness
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."