Hey guys,

I got a budget of about $800 and am wondering if its possible to get a good ESP explorer (I don't mind it used). Like most people who play this guitar, the music I'm into is Metal and Hard Rock.

I live in the US and would prefer someone selling from the US. (Obviously because of shipping costs lol)

And does anyone know any other reputable websites other than e-bay which sell used guitars?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure your gonna need a lot more than 800 bucks to get an exp model. Those guitars are considered collectors items since they've been discontinued. The cheapest one I've seen in almost new condition was about 1600 dollars. Maybe you should consider just the ex model.
Quote by rayven1lk
Hey guys,

I got a budget of about $800 and am wondering if its possible to get a good ESP explorer (I don't mind it used). Like most people who play this guitar, the music I'm into is Metal and Hard Rock.

I live in the US and would prefer someone selling from the US. (Obviously because of shipping costs lol)

And does anyone know any other reputable websites other than e-bay which sell used guitars?

Thanks

Well it's lucky you don't mind them used, as they haven't been made since Gibson sues ESP many years ago... now they make the EX model. Anyway, they are pretty damn rare and getting them for $800 is not going to happen. You will need more money to get a proper ESP EXP. You need to be a bit more realistic.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
oh damn alryt...its just that I saw a few of them on ebay which were less than 800...so they're probably not the best models ESP has to offer I suppose...so what do you guys recommend instead? Is the Epiphone Korina Reissue model worth it?
Quote by rayven1lk
oh damn alryt...its just that I saw a few of them on ebay which were less than 800...

I don't think you saw early 90s ESP EXP guitars on ebay for less than 800... only someone who had no idea what the guitar was would sell it for so little.

The LTD EX series is nice. Don't worry that it's EX not EXP - the only real difference is the 'hockey-stick' headstock. The ESP EX is a bit more expensive, probably about $2200-ish new.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-EX-401DX-FLOYD-ROSE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-520113-i1435798.gc
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
actually I don't like the really like the body on it...i'm looking for the more rounded look...thats why I was asking for the EXP series...
Personally, I don't touch anything to do with epiphone any more. I feel like the quality just isn't their for the price.

I know you really want the exp model (which is a badass guitar i'd love to have one too) but it will be nearly impossible to find one for your budget. maybe this ex would do. personally i think it looks pretty sweet, price is pretty good, and its an excellent quality guitar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-Graphic-EX-Clockwork-Zombie-Electric-Guitar-NEW-/360267865442?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item53e1a35d62#ht_1750wt_1137

EDIT: found two ltd exp's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-Explorer-Lawsuit-Model-/270596495128?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item3f00ced718#ht_500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-Explorer-Lawsuit-Model-/270596495128?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item3f00ced718#ht_500wt_1154

I wish i had the money to get one of these right now... Honestly i wouldn't have posted these links if i did good luck!
sorry one of the links didn't work. just type in esp explorer in ebay. There are 3 of the exp ltd's
lol thanks man...those were actually the guitars i was looking at...thats what made me think those guitars sell for that kind of price...

I guess i'm being pretty picky...because i'm looking for the classic explorer look, the EMGs, a set neck (because of the better sustain) and the XJ frets lol
Dude, check out Hamer guitars for the specs you just said

http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=2386

My rhythm guitarist has this model, and its amazing. Its got the HZ's instead of the active EMG's but the guitar only cost him $550 brand new from the factory.
If you've got $800 & want that ESP EXP style look at the Edwards Explorers because you cant get any type of ESP explorer for that little I imagine. Edwards are a Japan only part of ESP they are super high quality, High end Edwards are actually better than most US ESPs (coming from my experiences anyway) I've had a few ESP models like Eclipse, KH2, MII (list goes on) but I've only kept 2 Edwards guitars because they are better.
EX-Guitar Player...
Quote by Taikisan
If you've got $800 & want that ESP EXP style look at the Edwards Explorers because you cant get any type of ESP explorer for that little I imagine. Edwards are a Japan only part of ESP they are super high quality, High end Edwards are actually better than most US ESPs (coming from my experiences anyway) I've had a few ESP models like Eclipse, KH2, MII (list goes on) but I've only kept 2 Edwards guitars because they are better.

Thanks a lot man...this looks like what I want to get
Quote by rayven1lk
Thanks a lot man...this looks like what I want to get

Hurry up I'm trying to sell a guitar to get it haha
EX-Guitar Player...