Im trying to meet some other hair metal fans to talk to. Anyone wanna talk about hair metal and why its so great!!!!!!!!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Nope.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!

hey these girls are pretty hot... wait a second...
Last edited by olix95 at Jun 24, 2010,
Hard rock, or 80's rock like in the forum title. Glam metal is an acceptable alternative, though a lot of these bands weren't glam but get lumped in with them.
I love hair metal, acctualy I'm in a hair metal project !

You should check out Steel Panther. I found them not long ago in youtube and they are really rocking!

Check them out
Real rock died along with 80's rock. **** Kurt Kobain, depressive son of a bitch.

Don't say "Hair Metal" that's a stupid term invented by MTV.

Stick it to the Man!
Some of my favorite bands of the 80s.

#1 Hanoi Rocks
#2 Motley Crue
#3 Ratt
#4 Cinderella
#5 W.A.S.P.

Favorite new age 80s influenced bands:

#1 Dirty Penny
#2 Crashdiet
#3 Steel Panther
#4 Hollywood Harlot (my band: look us up on myspace. we're starting a new project.)

post your top 80s bands too. hope i didn't waste your time. i'll be posting some tabs the next couple days.
Quote by Izzy.Sleazze.
Some of my favorite bands of the 80s.

#1 Hanoi Rocks
#2 Motley Crue
#3 Ratt
#4 Cinderella
#5 W.A.S.P.

Favorite new age 80s influenced bands:

#1 Dirty Penny
#2 Crashdiet
#3 Steel Panther
#4 Hollywood Harlot (my band: look us up on myspace. we're starting a new project.)

post your top 80s bands too. hope i didn't waste your time. i'll be posting some tabs the next couple days.

Bang Camaro?--thoughts?
Quote by rokknrollkid
anyone who listens to KIX? they're great, but quite unknown...
I have "Blow My Fuse" and "Hot Wire" on cassette. They had a pretty big hit with the power ballad "Don't Close Your Eyes".
Yeh, calling the 80's metal "Hair metal" is sorta like calling a black guy 'colored'. Wow, I just realized that I'm old well at least I admit it.

At least my generation of metal had some style and originality, and didn't care what people thought of them. These screamo guys today showing up on stage in a T-Shirt and jeans from Abercrombie and Fitch are so HARDCORE!
Quote by rokknrollkid
anyone who listens to KIX? they're great, but quite unknown...

Haven't heard too much of their stuff, but I know who they are and I've heard a couple. They're pretty big around my area as they came from not too far from here.
Why is Hair MEtal so gr8??? Because most of the guitar players of that era (like Randy Rhoads as an example) were really gr8 guitar players. Secondly, they looked good for the cameras (remember, this was the beginning of the MTV era).

Great guitar licks and hair so long that they basically told all the authorities back in the 80s to take a hike. This is why hair metal was so wonderful.

And it is making a bit of a come back right now too.

ron666