I've been looking into getting an Electro Harmonix Muff pedal for a while. I was checking out some local ads today and I found one guy who's trying to unload a bunch of EHX pedals. I was specifically interested in his EHX English Muff'n and EHX Memory Boy. I really like the sound out of the English Muff'n and after checking out Memory Boy on YouTube for a while (I love analogue delays!!!), I decided to go for them. He offered the two to me for $235 CAD (~$225 US, 150 pounds). Assuming these pedals are in good working order when I see them, does this sound like a fair deal?
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I've been looking into getting an Electro Harmonix Muff pedal for a while. I was checking out some local ads today and I found one guy who's trying to unload a bunch of EHX pedals. I was specifically interested in his EHX English Muff'n and EHX Memory Boy. I really like the sound out of the English Muff'n and after checking out Memory Boy on YouTube for a while (I love analogue delays!!!), I decided to go for them. He offered the two to me for $235 CAD (~$225 US, 150 pounds). Assuming these pedals are in good working order when I see them, does this sound like a fair deal?

Seems a little on the steep side. At least here in the U.S.
NEW Memory Boys are just under $100 and used Muffins are about $80 to $90. Now if it's a DELUXE Memory Boy, those are something like $180 new and you would be getting a pretty ok deal.
Where are you getting used Muff'ns for that cheap?!?!

Keep in mind that I'm in Canada, and guitar equipment tends to be a little pricier here. New Memory Boys are ~$125, and New Muff'ns are close to $200 (all CAD).
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
That sounds really expensive to me.
You could probably buy them both new for £150.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
The last one I bought was $40 U.S. I picked it up locally.
I've bought 3 of them over the years and they all were under $70. A few were off the internet. I've seen them on Ebay end at around $80.

I've heard equipment is a little more expensive up there. That's why I said it was a little steep for here in the U.S.

Wasn't sure what they went for up there.
Quote by Griffin Effects
The last one I bought was $40 U.S. I picked it up locally.
I've bought 3 of them over the years and they all were under $70. A few were off the internet. I've seen them on Ebay end at around $80.

I've heard equipment is a little more expensive up there. That's why I said it was a little steep for here in the U.S.

Wasn't sure what they went for up there.

It's pricier here, but it's getting better! But you were right, that price is a bit steep. The prices I posted were from one particular store, which seems to be more expensive than the rest. I've been checking around and most EHX Muff stompboxes (not the ones with tubes) are around $75-80. I can't find any Memory Boy pedals though...

Thanks for the help guys! I think I'm going to pass on this deal.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
$100 is a fair price for a used English Muff'n in the US. $70 would be on the low side.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep

Thanks for the help guys! I think I'm going to pass on this deal.

It's apretty good deal actually, it's pretty much half the price you'd pay new here in Canada, maybe try to make him lower to 200$ though, that would be better
Last edited by Sguit at Jun 25, 2010,