I'm stuck between wahsss
it's between
the dime wah
slash wah
or
mister crybaby

I'm intereste in the sig models because if reviews I've read they work ery well with distortion and such, saying they have good distortion and can be used for volume stuff such as boosts and control

and looking at mister crybaby because of the volume uses,
if u have input or experience, let me know!!

I play post hardcore/screamo music, and i have used a standard wah before but it's not mine
What's your budget?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

No budget as of yet, I wanna know all I can first, nothing over 200 at the moment
From that list, probably the Dime Wah, which is similar to the 535Q.
If you could extend that budget you could look into RMC and Area 51 Wahs.
MXR CAE Wah, I always recommend it. Best wah under $200

Quote by bogg808

Haven't thought of mxr, Ive actually heard alot of bad things about morely stuff, saying they aren't as good as they let on, but thes are justthings I've heard no actual personal experience
I'd say the dime, but check out the morleys b4 you buy a dunlop. I have a hendrix sig, but the morleys dont have to be clicked on the same which is really convenient
I don't think it's actually by MXR, but their name's on the description at PGS, but on the pedal it says Custom Audio Electronics. Either way, good wah.

Quote by bogg808

What do u mean they don't have to be clicked on? Oh and does anyone here follow like a set "rule" for using a wah? Cuz I honestly play my stuff over and feel it till I get it to how I want it to sound with the wah, but is it possible I'm just makin it more difficult for myself?
I am with bogg. with the ones you list, i'd refer you to an RMC wizard wah(made for high gain), or an RMC-3(highly customizable)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ok I was wondering what wah to buy as well. I was between a vox, crybaby and bad horsie 2. Got the bad horsie and man it is great. It's very vocal, not like a crybaby but better. It's features make a crybaby look awful. It sounds great for shredding and I LOVE IT especially when i play a high gain solo on a really soulful song. It makes my guitar sing and it is amazing for accentuating a solo. Not the best for rockin back and forth on the beat, but no one should use a wah like that anyway. It's a great pedal...you should consider it.
From your list I'd choose the dime wah, it's one of the best ones Dunlop has put out and extremely customizable.
I'M currently borrowing a wah, crybaby original, and I'm not feeling it
Quote by gumbilicious
I am with bogg. with the ones you list, i'd refer you to an RMC wizard wah(made for high gain), or an RMC-3(highly customizable)

+1

the RMC wahs are a bit more expensive but believe me they are well worth it. If you get a wizard wah your set for life...as far as wahs go.
you are what you is
Quote by gumbilicious

+1

My RMC3 beats out every other wah I've owned/played. Used ones can be had for ~$160 for the newer version or ~$200 for the old mojo version.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by guns_rosesldb
I'd say the dime, but check out the morleys b4 you buy a dunlop. I have a hendrix sig, but the morleys dont have to be clicked on the same which is really convenient

Afaik quite a few Morleys have to be clicked on, the switch is just to the side of the pedal rather than under the toe (Like say a crybaby). I'm pretty sure the Bad Horsies don't have switches but I think the Power Wah and Vintage do.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Morley Mark Tremonti sig - made for high gain - and switchless.
Switchless rules.
^ Until you want to use it as a filter.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Until you want to use it as a filter.

You can if you stick something under the heal in between the base and the pedal so it doesn't shut off. A door stop would work. The more you push it forward the more it pivots the toe down.
^ Mid song? Seems like a ****-around. I'd rather just turn it on.

But to each their own.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
So I tried the dime and didn't like it, but it was at guitar center
I'm starting to like the Crybaby

I want to try the wylde, slash,evh, and a few morelys next
I heard a demo of wylde and evh and they sounded great
slash's I want to see because of the adjustable gain and such, which would really help cut through, providing it doesn't make it to gain-y

best morelys? Honestly I want to spend no money. So the most bang for my buck is what I'm looking for(will only spend alot If I fall in love haha)
The Wylde wah is a repackaged GCB-95. Skip it. IMO the Slash wah is mediocre at best and the OD is awful and useless.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

What else u got? Idk what it is but now I'm really enjoying the crybaby, what about that crybaby q#### or something? It escapes me but it has q control and volume boosts I believe?
also would this be a better idea? the digitech whammy pedal? would that get me a good sound for metal/hardcore music? instead of a wah?
I personally hate the stock CryBaby. The 535Q is okay. Jack of all trades, master of none pretty much describes it. It's pretty much the only wah from Dunlop I would use aside from the rack one. I still haven't tried the CAE/MXR one though and I hear great things about that model. For what is IMO the ultimate wah, get a used Teese RMC3. The newer blue versions go for around $160 used and it's incredibly versatile and unlike the 535Q, it's a master of all trades.

And the Whammy isn't a wah. It's a pitch shifter.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i know the whammy isnt a wah, its just something i thought of and didnt wanna make a new thread when im liking the responses you guys are giving me haha
Try vox wahs if you dont like them then go for the good shit (clyde)