No, pit, it's not the title of a game... yet.

I am in need of your assistance dear pit dwellers.

I live out of town, but tomorrow I'm gonna drive there in search of a good pair of producer headphones, preferably a pair that my ears can fit in completely, I know a few brands to look into but I was wondering if i could get the opinion of you guys before i make a purchase. Also, if you guys could suggest some good monitors for my pc that you are/were satisfied with, and for headphones too, that would be great.

I'm into Electronica and Progressive House :3

tl;dr: I need producer headphones, what get?
As usual with these things, the first thing we should know is: Budget?

But off the top of my head:

- Be wary that some Sennheiser headphones (HD 580, HD600, HD650) are on the smooth and warm side. I don't think these are great for your type of music.

- Try the following headphones: AKG K501, AKG 271, AKG240, Beyerdynamic DT770, Grado SR325i (if you're open to trying open headphones)

Also again: What's your budget?
Last edited by valacirca at Jun 25, 2010,
Hmmm, I didn't really think of the budget before since I am sort of in need of a good pair, however I don't think I'll pay over 200$.

Thank you for your recommendations.

According to amazon, the beyerdynamics are 200$, I might aim for that pair.
Last edited by ikitson at Jun 25, 2010,
Shure headphones have full frequency response and are pretty sexy to look at
i'm Ginger its fun
Check out some Grados, i just got a used pair of SR325 and they're the best i've heard yet
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Quote by ikitson
Anything worth a producer's time i suppose, you're looking for quality of sound and frequency. There's a difference between headphones and headsets/earphones.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mp3-player-reviews/shure-srh750dj-review/

lol I know there's a difference between headphones and earbuds. I wasn't sure why you said "producer's headphones" rather than just headphones. Anyway, I wouldn't use headphones for serious mixing or critical listening unless it was all I had. Make sure you get some good monitors if you're planning on engineering. I see you got some Shure 'phones, but if you're going to buy another pair, these are good and cheap:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG-K240-Studio-Headphones-102474483-i1406311.gc
My school has them and they work really nicely for cue mixes.
Yea I'm looking into monitors right now, I'm still living in my mom's basement so i can't have my sounds blast all night long so that's why I decided to go for headphones first, what are some monitors you'd recommend?