29 39%
Rotary a la PRS
3 4%
Other (just in case I forgot any)
6 8%
Voters: 75.
What's your favorite pickup selector? Just for fun
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

5-way.

3-ways always seem too fragile to me (although I'm sure they're not) and rotary would just be annoying for quick changes.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
3 way with a split in the middle. Angled as well, and not like a flimsy Les Paul switch.
Quote by jpnyc
Three way with a tone-knob coil split.

A la (my) a Schecter.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
3 way is my favorite. Then you can use it as a killswitch. Plus I always seem to accidentally hit the selector if Im not using the bridge position on my angled ibanez pickup selector.
Quote by MrFlibble
Zakk Wylde actually uses four MGs on stage. One set to crushing overdrive, one set to brutal distortion, one set to crushingly brutal distortion, and the fourth set to brutally crushing overdrive.

Krank Distortion Pedal!!!!
The "angled" one.

3 or 5 way, it doesn't matter, but I hate the type you find on Les Pauls as, no matter where they're placed, they're hard to change pickups quickly, which I do a lot, I haven't tried the rotary switch, but I'm sure it'd be similar.

Strat style blade selectors are perfect for just knocking down or up to change where you're at.
A 5 way Lever Action switch a la my modded HSS strat.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
The Les Paul type switch. Has anyone seen that Yamaha guitar where it's like adjusting your volume and tone pots to choose a pickup position.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
The Les Paul type switch. Has anyone seen that Yamaha guitar where it's like adjusting your volume and tone pots to choose a pickup position.

yeah,my first guitar was a RGX A2,so I have first hand experience with it..and I got to say...

it SUCKS!!..its really really hard to switch between pickups..stupid piece of crap
For an SSS or any other three (or more) pickup configuration, I prefer individual SPST switches, one for each pickup.
For an HH set-up, a Les Paul 3-way is nice.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
I much prefer the Les Paul style switch but NOT the actual Les Paul design (link); it's awful.

I always swap mine out for something that's reliable like this.
404: Sig not found.
I like the five way on an H-H guitar. (bridge hum, bridge inner coil, both inner coils, neck inner coil, neck hum)
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
i prefer 3 way les paul switch... well explains because i have a les paul
i have a coil split too!!!
I like the 3-way vertical a la Les Paul if it has a fin or something under the neck where it can go(like on an ML). Otherwise I'd RATHER the 5-way, but if it's a HH setup the 3-way'll do.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
my Washburn has the HH setup so it has the 3-way switch (but no coil tap im noty that fancy alright)
Depends on the guitar. If the switch is going to go above the strings, 3-way toggle. If it's going below them, blade-style 3-, 4- or 5-way, slightly angled but not as much as a Strat's traditionally is. For offset guitars, separate slide switches for each pickup.

I have a few exceptions though, like I'm happy with the 3-way toggle on Firebirds even though it's below the strings and I like when Strats have individual on/off switches for each pickup. I saw a Kramer Jersey Star (three humbuckers) that someone had modded once to have three mini-switches that made each pickup go series/parallel/off. Would love to make up a super-Strat or a super-Tele with a switching system like that one day.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by van01010100
What about the 5 button switch?

I'd actually really like one of those.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt