So I recently bought a PS3(I know, long story about why i didn't ever get around to it) and my internet connection with it was working fine, but now I can't connect to the network. IT either says my connection has timed out, or that an error has occurred.
Soooo why is this happening it was fine earlier, I checked out the internet browser and the playstation store and now all of sudden it won't connect

There is a storm in my area. Not an especially bad one, there's a little bit of thunder and lightening but not much. So does the playstation, by any chance, use some super crappy network that gets annihilated by storms(kinda like what all those cable commercials used to say about satellites tv, lol) or is there a larger problem at hand?

My internet is being a bit weird too, but that's probably just some odd bandwidth issue somewhere(it's still working but only on certain websites)
Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.

Gaming Thread.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Well if your internet connection in general seems screwed up that's probably the problem. Go to the system settings and try connecting to the access point again. Also try moving it closer to the access point if possible. Or just unplug your router and then plug it back in, you'd be surprised how often that works.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Gaming Thread. x 20

Spam much?
This is I think the third or fourth gaming thread I've seen tonight

inb4xbox360isbetter

And sometimes when there is a weather change my network gets ****ed up.

Do you notice slow internet?

Anything else on the network that is working fine, or is that connection screwed up too?

Edit: To the above, I've been to the gaming thread 3-4 times and asked them a question, and they just ignored it. They don't give a shit about questions that are asked on there, so it's better to just make a new thread on it, so he will actually get answers.

Edit2: My first edit also applies to the post below me.

I've asked 3-4 questions in the gaming thread, and noone answered them, and just ignored them. I don't blame people for posting threads, cause the gaming thread just ignores questions from people they don't know it seems like.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by __Pent__
Spam much?

Naw. It's completely necessary.

*reported* before the inevitable shitstorm breaks out. Ask the Gaming Thread.

EDIT: Also, try resetting your router.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by eltyr18

Edit: To the above, I've been to the gaming thread 3-4 times and asked them a question, and they just ignored it. They don't give a shit about questions that are asked on there, so it's better to just make a new thread on it, so he will actually get answers.

Admittedly, there are some people who have no intention of helping or even acknowledging the non-regular posters in there, but there are some decent guys in there who're happy to help.

Quote by eltyr18
This is I think the third or fourth gaming thread I've seen tonight

inb4xbox360isbetter

And sometimes when there is a weather change my network gets ****ed up.

Do you notice slow internet?

Anything else on the network that is working fine, or is that connection screwed up too?

We really are nice people, it's just the thread moves very fast, and we'll be caught up in talking about something and not notice. My apologies on behalf of the entire GT (hopefully I can make some sore of thing without Ichi or DW looking down upon me shamefully ). I always try and watch out for people I send over there and answer their questions, but sometimes we just miss things. And no it's not better to make a new thread unless you want to get a warning.
TS, I don't have a PS3 so I can't help you, but I'm sure someone in the Gaming Thread can.

If it's still a problem for you, what was your question?
Quote by Smokey Amp
Admittedly, there are some people who have no intention of helping or even acknowledging the non-regular posters in there, but there are some decent guys in there who're happy to help.

IDK, I never found help, I've even re-asked a few questions, I just gave up on it.
Quote by Smokey Amp

So then why can't he make a thread about it? If you don't want to answer don't click the thread.

Besides, this is more of a technical problem that a gaming issue.
Already resetted my router and everything, actually I don't think it's a network problem because now I CAN go to the PS3 store and everything, but I can't update Fear 2. It let me update Uncharted 2 a few hours ago, but it keeps saying there's an error with Fear 2. :P

So yeah, it's no longer a network problem, just a playstation problem lol.

Oh, and douches like "BeastlyBassist" who feel it's so freakin important to follow all the inane rules on this site(actually i don't think going to the gaming threat really matters at all because that thing has like 234324324 pages, most of which are people ranting about nothing) so yeah, help here would be best.

Edit: since he probably read it already, Beastly is not a douche and i am very sorry for saying that. It's just frankly this is the only forum site where the rules are so ridiculously upheld by sooo many people, even though most of the reports and bans and warnings, etc. could go with a simple message "hey, there's a gaming site" or "hey, please don't cuss". Idk, maybe it's just me.
Last edited by Nirvana00125 at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by __Pent__
So then why can't he make a thread about it? If you don't want to answer don't click the thread.

Because there are rules against it.

Also, there's no need to get salty over it.

Quote by eltyr18
I've asked 3-4 questions in the gaming thread, and noone answered them, and just ignored them. I don't blame people for posting threads, cause the gaming thread just ignores questions from people they don't know it seems like.

With every big thread there's always going to be questions that are missed due to discussion etc. that's going on, and the Gaming Thread is no exception.

Hell, maybe nobody knew the answer to your question

It's not better to make a new thread because, as we've already seen today, they often break out into ps3vs360vsWiivsPC flame-fests.
Quote by eltyr18
Oh, and douches like "BeastlyBassist" who feel it's so freakin important to follow all the inane rules on this site(actually i don't think going to the gaming threat really matters at all because that thing has like 234324324 pages, most of which are people ranting about nothing) so yeah, help here would be best.

Well that makes me want to continue to help you figure out your problem then. By all means, continue.
[/sarcasm]
EDIT: Saw your edit. Peace
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by eltyr18
IDK, I never found help, I've even re-asked a few questions, I just gave up on it.

Like I said, my deepest apologies on my behalf, and the behalf of the entire GT. There are some assholes in there, whom I shan't name because I don't want a flame war with them back in the GT, but I and a many others try. Like I said, conversation moves incredibly fast in those parts so we just miss things.
Quote by cornmancer
Like I said, my deepest apologies on my behalf, and the behalf of the entire GT. There are some assholes in there, whom I shan't name because I don't want a flame war with them back in the GT, but I and a many others try. Like I said, conversation moves incredibly fast in those parts so we just miss things.

Lol.

Quote by cornmancer

I get it man. I can read between the lines

Anyway, it could always be a problem with the playstation store/PSN. Try waiting a bit and see if it ends up fixing itself.
EDIT: And the report wasn't to try and get you warned. It's because there was already a gaming-related thread in the pit that ended up attracting a stupid and unrelated "debate" for several pages.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Flamefests are in every thread in the pit basically. Religion, Sex, Drugs, War, bands, I mean jesus like 80% of the UGers are complete elitist retards.

That being said, has anyone else had this problems? Cause I wanna play Fear 2 lol
Take it apart (which is a total bitch, they have a special screw that, even with my dads 300 something screwdrivers of all kinds won't fit, but with a small flathead and a few hours you can get around it, or you can just cut the cover off,) and run a magnet over it,

it'll make it faster.

No don't do that, check sony's site, if it's not happening to other people it's just your internet/ethernetcable/ps3.

I'm on my 2nd ps3, cuz the old one got full of dust, my bro took it apart, he ****ed up the disc drive while cleaning it.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by Nirvana00125
Already resetted my router and everything, actually I don't think it's a network problem because now I CAN go to the PS3 store and everything, but I can't update Fear 2. It let me update Uncharted 2 a few hours ago, but it keeps saying there's an error with Fear 2. :P

So yeah, it's no longer a network problem, just a playstation problem lol.

Edit: since he probably read it already, Beastly is not a douche and i am very sorry for saying that. It's just frankly this is the only forum site where the rules are so ridiculously upheld by sooo many people, even though most of the reports and bans and warnings, etc. could go with a simple message "hey, there's a gaming site" or "hey, please don't cuss". Idk, maybe it's just me.

We just don't want shit like this clogging the rest of The Pit. As I said before I don't own a PS3 and am probably not too much help here, so I don't really know why I'm here besides diverting traffic to my beloved GT.
We're generally pretty helpful in the Gaming Thread but that's already been said. I don't mean to sound like an arse but did you try googling the problem or checking the PS3 website before coming to the Pit?
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
So, ironically as I started retyping this into the Gaming Thread with an updated account of my issue, I decided to try and download the update from the game itself(instead of using that little update screen when you try to start the game) and whaddaya know, it works.

sorry for my douchebagness. Hopefully I won't have to do this with every freakin game I get(although Uncharted 2 worked fine.)
Quote by Nirvana00125
So, ironically as I started retyping this into the Gaming Thread with an updated account of my issue, I decided to try and download the update from the game itself(instead of using that little update screen when you try to start the game) and whaddaya know, it works.

sorry for my douchebagness. Hopefully I won't have to do this with every freakin game I get(although Uncharted 2 worked fine.)

You could always just get a 360.

Oh, lawd.

Gaming Thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown