Alright so I had this idea for a really catchy melodic sounding chorus sounding thing. I was also playing around with maj7 and min7 chords - with a weird IV VI II progression that I've heard before and thought it sounded really good. Any comments on anything I should change with the drums / bass/ rhythm? I also am not too sure about the 3rd and 4th bar of the lead guitar, but I thought it sounded alright.
Attachments:
new .gp5
new .gp4
The_Uncanny.mid
Last edited by ibz120 at Jun 26, 2010,
Sounds good to me! Very metalcore influenced. What do you plan next? After this riff I hear a kind of very fast rythm guitar with a crazy lead or a nice sounding acoustic verse... Anything new since you posted? It's hard to get an idea of where you are going with only one riff, but this idea is good. one crit : I won't say original because to me it sounds kind of generic. However, depending on what you'll add on top of that, you might get something very original. Vocals might change everything too :P Keep working on that!

Max
This sounds alot like something Periphery/any "Djent" band would write.
Is that what you were aiming for or what? Either way, I like it and think you should keep playing with it.
Quote by nightale
Sounds good to me! Very metalcore influenced. What do you plan next? After this riff I hear a kind of very fast rythm guitar with a crazy lead or a nice sounding acoustic verse... Anything new since you posted? It's hard to get an idea of where you are going with only one riff, but this idea is good. one crit : I won't say original because to me it sounds kind of generic. However, depending on what you'll add on top of that, you might get something very original. Vocals might change everything too :P Keep working on that!

Max

Well I wrote the chorus just because I had the idea for it, and I wasn't really sure what would come before / after. And yeah, I wanted it to have a metalcore-ish style but have the 'happy' sound of the major scale (instead of the usual minor).

Anyways, thanks for the criticism.

Check out the .midi I updated it with, I came up with an intro and a verse, and then there is a break around 0:21, and the original chorus I posted is there.

Do you think the verse fits well with the chorus? and of course I will have some sort of pre-chorus or transition into the chorus from the verse.