Page 1 of 6
It seems like everyone I know has a "thing" (something you really enjoy or just are really good at). My brother's "thing" is that he's really good at Math, Science and Computers and has a degree in Mathematical Science. Not a lot of people know this but Neil Young is a huge collecter of model train sets and used to be a part owner in Lionel, LLC (toy train company).

If I take away music, I'd say my thing is Billiards. I absolutely LOVE playing pool and snooker (I'd play snooker more, but I have to drive to the other end of town to find a snooker table). I love watching pros play it, I could honestly play it for hours a day. I really hope I can own my own table one day. I've gotten pretty good, although I still don't know if I'm ready to enter local tournaments, though. But I'm a pretty accurate shot, and learned some nice tricks like a masse shot. I just got my own pool cue, too. Pool is one thing I will almost never say no to. Even if someone I don't really like invites me. I'm usually the best player whenever I play my friends. The only person that I've played that's a lot better than me is my dad.

I put besides music in the title because 90% of people here pretty much have music as their main hobby, and I'm definitely no exception to that list. So I don't want the replies to get redundant.

Anyways, what is you guys "thing"?

I'm also making this thread to get ideas for a new hobby. I've been bored lately (Summer. It happens) and could use a new hobby.
Mountain biking
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
I am a closet bisexual teenage pedophile

seriously

well I find there's a submissive aspect to bangin 12 year old's in my fantasies, so tehcnically I'm not a pedophile because there post-pubescent but yea that's "my thing"
I'd say it's biology and politics. I LOVE them, though not as much as I love music.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
My thing is mathematics too. Even though I hate having to deliberately deal with the stuff. When playing music, it's alright, but doing math tests/problems, it just seems like a hassle; and I can easily do it, which is worse.
Also OP what is this "snooker"?
I love playing pool too but I've never heard of this game in my neck of the woods (California).
i like to upgrade my computer. its like cars to a lot of people. i put little fans with LEDs to give it flare and it makes me happy.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by cyco_bob56
My thing is mathematics too. Even though I hate having to deliberately deal with the stuff. When playing music, it's alright, but doing math tests/problems, it just seems like a hassle; and I can easily do it, which is worse.
Also OP what is this "snooker"?
I love playing pool too but I've never heard of this game in my neck of the woods (California).
It's a type of billiards more popular in Europe. The pool table is bigger, the pockets are smaller, and so are the balls. There's 15 solid red balls, and six numbered balls labeled from 2 to 7. Then the cue ball. When it's your turn, you try to pocket a red ball first, then a numbered ball, and you get points based on what you pocket (red = 1. Numbered balls are whatever they say on them). As long as there are still red balls on the table, when you pocket a numbered ball, you put it back in its original spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_fE-pvT084

Jimmy White is AMAZING.
Ancient history is mine (Romans and Greeks). Nearly finished getting my degree in Classical Studies.

Like to think I'm good with computers too lol
Since ^he made his double post I'll also add in linguistical skills. I love me some literary diction differentials.

EDIT: Didn't mean you Reborn.
Also Madcap, do you have a video ready of a full snooker game? The one you posted didn't really tantalize me much.
Last edited by cyco_bob56 at Jun 25, 2010,
Writing. Although I've had writer's block for a while, since I feel like my stuff is shit.

And reading, but I'm a slow reader, so I haven't read nearly as much as I should have.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jun 25, 2010,
Psychology and Criminology, i love finding crime scene case studies online and going through them as well as studying clinical psychology papers and criminology papers. Infact i love it so much i've started doing a degree through the open university in it. Other than that and m,usic i'm a pretty avid gamer online and offline.
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
Quote by cyco_bob56
Also Madcap, do you have a video ready of a full snooker game? The one you posted didn't really tantalize me much.
Yeah. Here's one. In Snooker, there's what's called a 147. That's where from the break, a player makes the maximum amount of points, never missing a shot and completes the entire game (VERY FUCKING HARD TO DO. It's like a pitcher getting a no-hitter in baseball). He alternates only in the order of red ball, then 7-ball, red ball, 7-ball, red ball, 7-ball, etc. Just remember that once all the red balls are gone, the balls must be shot in order from 2 to 7. If you do this perfectly with no fouls, your score is a 147.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtZqAnxyxo

Also in Snooker, the pocket's edges are rounded, so if the ball hits the railing, it's very unlikely it'll be pocketed. So your shots have to be very precise.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by The Madcap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTtZqAnxyxo

Also in Snooker, the pocket's edges are rounded, so if the ball hits the railing, it's very unlikely it'll be pocketed. So your shots have to be very precise.

MY GOD!!! PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY THIS WAY?!?!?
Also I must tip my hat to this guy. He knows all of his trig in this game.
Designing and building pedals, although I have attempted 2 and neither of them have worked.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Screwing myself over is my "thing."
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by UNIe
Science. I love knowing, how everything works.

Like commas, for instance?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I don't really have thing Not even music is my thing. I like doing loads of stuff so I try to fit them all into my schedule.
Basketball, soccer, designing and sketching for my small company that has yet to lift of, sowing old clothes up, gaming.
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
I'm a talented writer too, though I don't even write as a hobby, only when I have to
Quote by Jyrgen
I'm a talented writer too, though I don't even write as a hobby, only when I have to

I know the feeling.
I'm pretty good in school at Maths, and I'm also pretty handy at Karate, even though I'd lose in most fights, I still enjoy doing it
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Colohue
Sex.

I make girlies cry, then pass out.

And then have sex with them?

I don't do anything I'd consider special apart from music, really
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Besides math, science, putting shit together, and consuming large amounts of cannabis?

I play chess.

Oh, I cook too.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.