Ok, so I have a question. All over the internet you can find awesome LP copies. They are spot on in almost every single way...yet there's something going on with the SG copies. Is there some kind of super patent on SG's? It seems like every copy of an SG is a little lopsided, or rounded or the pickguard is strangely shaped. Why?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
far as i can tell you can get sg copies just the same as you can get LP copies. the LP ones might be more popular.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just got a $480 Vintage VS6 SG yesterday(would post a NGD but I have no pics yet), and I find it to be leaps and bounds over the Epi G400, and nearly on par with the Gibson SG Standard(call me crazy, but I find it is at least tonally), and it looks pretty close to a real SG IMO, aside from the logo on the headstock and the smaller pickguard:

Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
^ Yeah, Vintage makes some nice stuff. I played one of their Les Paul Special copies and it blew me away.

TS, I have a Silvertone SG copy (that I scored in a pawn shop for $80 ) that looks pretty damn close to an actual SG. Tonally I'd say it's on par with Epi G-400's.